Tire Ratings from Consumer Reports 2018

• From Consumer Reports magazine (Nov 2018), I'm attaching their article rating all-season, all-weather, and winter tires.
    And from Consumer Reports online, I'm attaching their ratings for summer performance tires (data is based on older test methods).

Quote from Consumer Reports

Summer: Suited for temperatures above 45˚ F.
    All-Season: Suited to year-round driving in varying climates with moderate winter driving conditions.
    All-Weather: Suited to year-round driving in varying climates with emphasis on winter grip.
    Winter/Snow: Designed to provide optimum grip in severe winter conditions with temperatures below 40˚ F.

• CR can KMA! I went with their TOP picks when we re-did our kitchen. Issues issues and more
    Issues. Stick with the people on this forum who have put on multiple tires and I believe you will do much better.

Don’t mean to step on any toes here it’s just that when you spend high$ on what you thought was a reputable opinion service and get what we did you tend to be a little frosted
    :cursing:

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I live in Florida so I don't have to worry about 45 degrees. Most of us tend to ride in warmer weather where our top concern in choosing tires is how they do in wet weather. Was trying to make the point on another thread that Summer blend is generally better for avoiding hydroplaning than all season. The CR ratings bear this out. That's not to say you can't find an all season better at hydroplaning avoidance, just not as many options.
    Out of 18 summer blend tires, 13 had top ratings for avoiding hydroplaning. Out of 50 all season tires only 8 had a good hydroplaning rating. 72% vs 16%

• CR just works with the people that give the most stuff to check and compare Who gives the most gets the ratings. IMO or $.02

JUST SAYIN

Product Testing and Research - Consumer Reports

Quote from Consumer Reports

...staff shoppers or one of our anonymous “secret shoppers” buy the products we use as test samples — in fact, some products, like house paint and food, can vary by climate or region, and because we need to make sure our tests reflect a national consumer experience, we purchase products from across the country. Our shoppers pay full retail and purchase all the products we test to generate our ratings from the same places consumers do; we accept no sample products for testing. And as a nonprofit organization that accepts no advertising, to pay for all this shopping we rely mostly on our millions of members and the hundreds of thousands of donors who support our work.

Just Sayin.

• Makes me wonder who at CR tested my refrigerator where the icemaker and water maker don’t work my microwave with the front panel starting to peel off my stove that had to have the entire motherboard replaced and my dishwasher that I had to replace after eight months. All recommended as top-of-the-line best buy products by CR.

I’ll stick with real people having real experiences with real products on this forum every time. No hate here - just my reality.

Just sayin

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎