Hall of Fame

• Ok, maybe I'm nuts,... ok, I am, 8| but we need a hall of fame on here. Thoughts?? I think we need nominations by at least 3 members and a thread that can only place the member in the thread. Ideas? please, lets do this right and not just post anyone. Let this thread be the place where we can do this right and honor the member who is nominated. So how can we begin? If this may offend anyone or crank someone the wrong way,... well, tripod did it! :thumbsup:

• I vote for Ms Anita @adventure4me
    She has the most positive attitude and travels thiis beautiful country year round to visit and support Slingshot events.

Second, I nominate Mitch @'MACAWS, He and his wife puts on TWO events each year for us to come together for family and brother/sister hood.

Hmmmm we need a Hall of Fame trophy to be designed.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Thank you my friend but I am not hall of fame material!

I would give a second vote for our very own Anita - she is the ultimate Slinger - living the perfect life and her presence always brings joy to everyone.
    Just look how excited everyone was to see her at B&B. especially knowing how much traveling she needed to do to get there!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thank you sir, but we need people who are truly outstanding and need to come up with a process that show why they deserve this. What makes this member truly worthy. Thoughts?

Not sure of the process needed but I do know I've shook your hand and believe you are a
    Truly outstanding person . Just my thoughts

• My thoughts are it should be someone not about money, or mods, but someone who is about the adventure that we all want. Having fun, being with people and sharing adventures. Members that are like,... hey, I want to meet this person. Please add to this, we need to make sure all members are justified in some form.

• I think it goes without saying that Jim (Painter) and Dana (DKF) have to be the first two in the hall of fame. The reasons are obvious, but there aren't two better slingshot people that I'd like to spend my last living days with.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My thoughts are it should be someone not about money, or mods, but someone who is about the adventure that we all want. Having fun, being with people and sharing adventures. Members that are like,... hey, I want to meet this person. Please add to this, we need to make sure all members are justified in some form.

1- Maximum miles on their sling
    2- Most events visited
    3- Someone who sets an example we can all follow

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @rabtech, please help with this. How can we or what can we do. Maybe give it a day or two so members can think about it and respond. Maybe it's foolish, but I can think of a few members that I would love to nominate and have a specific place to have them, just to say thank in my own way,... if you understand what I'm saying

• I think it goes without saying that Jim (Painter) and Dana (DKF) have to be the first two in the hall of fame. The reasons are obvious, but there aren't two better slingshot people that I'd like to spend my last living days with.

totally agree, lets do this so newer members can see what we see and have seen what happened. But I it needs to be in total respect with all members

• If you do this, I could see voting in easily 10 inaugural members. Mostly OG but maybe not all. Y'all know who they are. Long-term, regular contributors, selfless, living the life. @rabtech has to be one of them for starting this whole thing up and keeping it going. @Tripod too in spite of his rather abrupt departure otherwise it wouldn't be real. No one, and I mean no one, is forever. Just my thoughts.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @Painter for his endless time, effort and love poured into every helpful video , every helpful post, every mod assembly assist, every word of encouragement and every piece of art that adorn many, many Slings.

@SlingMods_Josh and @Turbosling for being the original mod bug enablers.

@rabtech for showing that we can disassemble and assemble our Slings more than ever imagined. He showed us how more hp is never a bad idea, no matter how much you already added. Oh, and he created this new home for us and does a fine job keeping it running.

@Slingrazor because I am not aware of any single member that has travelled more miles to help more Slingers with installs, deliveries and just spreading joy than this man. He has also came up with some nice one-off items that didn't stay "one-off" too long. He has also given plenty of great advice to many on this and our old forum.

I could go on and on, because we have so many great members old and new that contribute so much in the way of time, knowledge, encouragement, joy, helping hands, donations(known and unknown), bringing us that are home along on trips through pics and posts, and the best brotherhood and sisterhood ever found on the web and in life.

I <3 you all! ;)

• I'd vote for Mitch Macaw for the tremendous time and effort he has made for several years organizing the B&B Rally.
    It takes months and months of planning and incredible amount of work. All for the love of the sport and people.
    I expect a lot of his personal $$ go into making these rallies free for all..............

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• If I may, I'd like to offer an opinion from the other side of the coin. It's nice to recognize people for the contributions they make to the community, but the idea of a "Hall of Fame" would most likely not sit right with a moderate percentage of people. It could, if done incorrectly, look like favoritism or clique-ishness. I mean, who decides who the cool kids are? More of the cool kids? And, what is the point of the exercise, when we all know who the folks are on this form who go out of their way to help people and make this community better? Due to the risk of alienating part of this group, which has already happened in smaller amounts over more trivial topics, I would suggest that perhaps there are better ways to recognize folks. There is already a little saltiness about the term "OG," and the way some people use it as a class delineator. Do you guys remember the discord that was created around the group "D12" a few months back? We almost lost one of the family members of this community on this forum, because he was feeling personally attacked. I'm sure there are other examples, but those are the two that stick out in my mind.

I would also submit for your consideration that many of the people who we might consider for this recognition would themselves be uncomfortable with being singled out and put on some sort of artificial pedestal, when we tend to speak of them with reverent tones on a regular basis anyways.

And, who gets to pick? The same 50 or 75 people who do all the posting on this for him, or is there a larger group that we are going to try to solicit votes from?

Sorry for the ramble this morning, these are just my thoughts. @Shatneyman, you know I love you, but on this topic, sir, I must respectfully disagree.

Just my $.02.

• After reading @KayTwo - darn it... that makes sense brother... OKAY by the powers not invested in me I HEARBY Grant every family member on this forum HALL of FAME'rs :thumbsup:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.