Really good scam with all the Red flags!

• So here is the story.
    A friend of mine found a car on Craigslist for his son so he emails the owner and this was the response;

Hi,

We have a low price on our 2005 Toyota Corolla S because we want to sell the car asap. The price is $1,000 including delivery to your home address. The car is in perfect condition, no electric problems, no accidents/liens/loans. The odometer shows 84,000 miles. Never been repainted. We have all the car manuals, title, documents and bill of sale. We're selling the car because our son died 4 months ago in a car accident. A drunk driver hit him. He was with his fiance's car coming home. The car belonged to our son and it brings us bad memories and that's the reason we want to sell it. The last price is $1,000. Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay's Buyer Protection Program. This runs and drives great and it has I4 1.8L Engine , Automatic Transmission, Power Steering and Power Brakes.
    If you're interested in purchasing this car just email me with your full name, address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
    If you need more details feel free to ask.

God Bless you and your family!

Really?
    The trick is to send money upfront ( after the Craigslist Secure Buying doesnt work) and once you receive the vehicle you pay the delivery guy the rest, the thing is it never gets delivered and you have lost the down payment.

So if its too good to be true...
    Well....

• Or they try to have you buy eBay gift cards as payment and send them the codes for the card. Had that happen once to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.