Welter Dual Exhaust Sound Adjustment

• I know that removing the inserts from the dual exhaust would may the sound tone much louder, probably more than I want. I heard that the inserts can be cut about an inch at a time to change the tone. How much of a difference does this change make in the sound of the exhaust?

• Cutting back the baffles does change the tone. Easy to do with a cut-off wheel on a mini-grinder. I suggest doing it in 1/2” increments and listening to the tones after each cut. A very simple procedure.

• I cut mine an inch at a time using a standard pipe cutter. Settled on the baffles with only an inch of pipe remaining... cut about 5 inches off of them.

My guess is that it reduced the noise about 25% when the baffles were in. Made the wife happy on long rides to have the short baffle in. Otherwise I rode the SS without baffles most of the time.

Now that I have the 2.5” dual rear in a boosted application I will never run baffles. This new exhaust is quiet! I believe it is quieter than the baffled 2” I was used too.

I’ll make you a deal @SlingSC. Cut an inch at a time and if you find you cut them too far and hate it... I’ll send you my new set. Cover shipping and they are yours.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Having had a 350 Honda with straight pipes when I was 19...which were very loud....loud enough the neighbors were getting ready to sign a petition against me...

I’ve matured some....

People say they like the way my pipes sound now...welter duel with stock baffles...so I’m leaving them alone...