Houston Slingshot Accident - Brake Pin Recall

• ...most important thing is the roll bars did there job.

its nice to know, but it is also something I hope I never have to test :(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If its an automatic and has the push button gear select, I would put my money on that might be the failure. I think there has been a few issues with this system especially if any water was involved.

Absolutely, I have warned people that heat and water will cause serious problems with the push button automatic and cause a shift from 5th to 1st without warning. The factory even says not to use the push button and heat will damage the controller as well. I about totaled mine in Atlanta. I don’t care what anyone says , I drove mine for 2 years straight and the 1st year was flawless, 2nd year almost cost me my life. I’m tired of preaching this and call the factory and you will see. Way to dangerous with the push button and mount your controller inside the glovebox. Geez people, call the f****** factory before people get killed . Very upsetting to me to see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• My automatic controller is flawless. It has a gasket and the board is lacquer coated. I have had mine sitting in water in Maggie Valley.

Controller is not the issue, you and I have spoke about this. The push button is the issue and obviously you did not call the factory to verify my claim or you would not be defending this issue. To dangerous and the factory will not stand behind this if used in direct sunlight and direct rain. I too had no issues the first year but the 2nd year about flipping killed me on the highway going 70mph and it shifted to 1st without warning. I’m serious my friend, I don’t want to be reading that my friend is in the hospital because of a similar issue I had. I have to much love for my Slingshot family.

• Yes I did, I about flipped and hit a wall on the highway because of the automatic transmission pushbutton controller failure in the heat.

oneshot - - - Is there only one type of controller available - is the one you had issues with the exact same one everyone else has?

just curious I have not looked int this, but considering that people are adapting automatics to the slingshot and that they are not a factory thing it seems like it would be weird if they all had the same controller unless they were all installed by the same company

I could be mistaken, but I think Rabtech had the automatic installed by DDMWorks - - if this is correct is this also who installed yours?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Sad to see this but considering what we know from speculation by the initial report on FB and member comments here I'd lean more on the auto trans locking up in a lower gear than a brake pin failure. Losing the brake pin would result in loss of braking IMHO not locking up unless the entire caliper somehow lodged up in the wheel.
    If I was to get a auto trans conversion I'd prefer a manual shift type. Being an exposed to the elements vehicle electrics can be problematic .

• Controller is not the issue, you and I have spoke about this. The push button is the issue and obviously you did not call the factory to verify my claim or you would not be defending this issue. To dangerous and the factory will not stand behind this if used in direct sunlight and direct rain. I too had no issues the first year but the 2nd year about flipping killed me on the highway going 70mph and it shifted to 1st without warning. I’m serious my friend, I don’t want to be reading that my friend is in the hospital because of a similar issue I had. I have to much love for my Slingshot family.

I'm buying you some decaf..... :D