Windshield question

• Looking at a slingshot that has the twist dynamic Gull roof. It has the factory windshield. Looking at installing the F4 plus 5”. I read about vacuum issues. Any thoughts if this is a good combination? Are the adjustable windshields worth considering? Thanks Chad

• What exactly is a vacuum issue? Haven't heard of that. I have had issues with hats being sucked off without tops. They went straight up and then blew back. Haven't had a Twist gull wing top but I have had the Up Top and I now have the Mean Sling Top. Never had issues with the Up (Fab Factory) and no issues with the Mean Sling top.

• Looking at a slingshot that has the twist dynamic Gull roof. It has the factory windshield. Looking at installing the F4 plus 5”. I read about vacuum issues. Any thoughts if this is a good combination? Are the adjustable windshields worth considering? Thanks Chad

twist dynamic Gull roof (hardtop) and OEM shield work well together... surprised you'd want to go with a different shield.

• Depending on what you have for an exhaust system, the fumes MAY get drawn back into the cabin based on the height of the windscreen and the type of top you have. There are ways that mitigate that (rear wing on the rear body panel, or the added strip mounted below mounted to the lower frame. I believe the Welter system that exits down low by the battery compartment does a fine job to keep those fumes out

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• We have the Twist Gull Wing top, Mastad adjustable shield and Welter Sidewinder exhaust. At speed there is a slight low pressure area in the cockpit. I can see this when we drive in the rain. I get mist from the rear tire drawn into the cockpit. Never have exhaust gases when moving, and seldom when stoped at a light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I have the gull wing top with the mad stad 11" windshield, I have no issues

I’ve had two different types of windshield....straight factory one I cut down to approximately 6-7” high and double bubbles...I also have the Panorama roof and the rear windscreen...I also have two flags mounted on the license plate bracket....in my rear view mirror I can somwhat see the flags as I’m going down the road.....they are not flapping around nearly as much as you might think....that said I don’t know how the flags would react without all the added stuff. I have the welter duel exhaust that comes out on either side of the flags. When I first installed it I smelled some fumes....I haven’t smelled exhaust fumes all summer long....

• I’ve had two different types of windshield....straight factory one I cut down to approximately 6-7” high and double bubbles...I also have the Panorama roof and the rear windscreen...I also have two flags mounted on the license plate bracket....in my rear view mirror I can somwhat see the flags as I’m going down the road.....they are not flapping around nearly as much as you might think....that said I don’t know how the flags would react without all the added stuff. I have the welter duel exhaust that comes out on either side of the flags. When I first installed it I smelled some fumes....I haven’t smelled exhaust fumes all summer long....

Met a guy at the ES that had flags mounted on the plate. He said going down the road they blow backwards.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I am a big fan of my F4 +5 with stinger top combination. However, I am confident it would hit the bars on the gull top.

If you want to look through a windshield for protection, maybe the nascar style or the Madstad 13".

... I have the welter duel exhaust that comes out on either side of the flags. When I first installed it I smelled some fumes....I haven’t smelled exhaust fumes all summer long....

The initial fumes you smell from a newly installed WP exhaust is the exhaust wrap outgassing and baking/curing. Should only last about 100 miles or so.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• My Welter Stealth only gets exhaust in the cabin when I'm sitting at a light with wind from behind. My wife's new Welter side exit has never put exhaust into the cabin.

Ok, need to modify this. I rode in the passenger seat of my wife’s SS Monday evening. Exhaust fumes at 35-55 on passenger side were really strong. Have to look at how to fix this Saturday. I think the exhaust is exiting too close to the body. The Alpha extended out further. Haven’t had a chance to get under and look yet but have you had this happen with the new resonator @Jeff Welter? I think it’s an easy fix.

• Ok, need to modify this. I rode in the passenger seat of my wife’s SS Monday evening. Exhaust fumes at 35-55 on passenger side were really strong. Have to look at how to fix this Saturday. I think the exhaust is exiting too close to the body. The Alpha extended out further. Haven’t had a chance to get under and look yet but have you had this happen with the new resonator @Jeff Welter? I think it’s an easy fix.

It stunk pretty bad ....no exhaust fumes now...

Try one of these

exhaust tips - Yahoo Search Results

• I have the Slingshade and windshield [Ripper ?]....And stock exhaust and haven't had any fumes or vacuum problems ..And driving in the rain most of 'The rain gos up over the roof....Some will ride up the shield and just drop down on the dash, And keeping me relatively dry.. Did 90 miles in moderate rain last Saturday ..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......