Short Shifter now hard to shift?

• So, put on the DDM short shifter just before going to SSITO. Heck, the first time I drove it after was to load it in the trailer. While at SSITO, I noticed that it was REALLY hard to shift into each gear, something that did not happen with the stock shifter. Brought it home, disassembled and re-assembled, but still the same. It feels like it's hitting a catch or detent on going into and out of every gear. Going out of first to neutral: Detent. Neutral to 2nd: Detent, 2nd to Neutral: Detent, Neutral to 3rd: Detent. You get the idea. Is that normal? Did I do something wrong? I double checked all the pins and slot locations and everything looks okay. The bottom cup is straight into the tranny. What else could be wrong? It's hard enough that I'm about to go back to the stock shifter (and have to open the glove box every time I go to 5th).

• take it back out, grab the large nylon sleeve and hold it while rotating the shifter vigorously. Greese it liberally ;( very) and reinstall.

Thanks. I'll try that again. It was liberally greased when I installed it and still had lots of grease when I re-installed. But this seems like it's catching on something. There is a definite "bump" that I'm having to get over every shift.

• Mine did the same, I removed the boot, poured some Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer on top of the ball without removing. Shift through the gears working the oil down in the mechanism until it shifts easier. This will lubricate the entire shifting mechanism. The excess oil ends up in the transmission which is capable with the transmission oil.