original parts resale value

• I have vintage auto/truck parts stashed away in which I can pretty much name my price if I were to put them on the market, but for some reason I am just not seeing somebody in the future being interested in an all-original SlingShot? More specifically, I am wondering if I should really be hanging on to a stock 2015 windshield that has never been installed, if anybody would even want it today?
    Bill

• I have kept most of my Slingshot stock parts to put back on it if I ever sell. I will get more for the upgrades after I take them off. Nobody wants stock seats, but there is a market for PRP's! Same with windshields, CAI, and coilovers and other little things.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I have kept most of my Slingshot stock parts to put back on it if I ever sell. I will get more for the upgrades after I take them off. Nobody wants stock seats, but there is a market for PRP's! Same with windshields, CAI, and coilovers and other little things.

I agree with this. if I ever sell the stock coil overs, sway bar, and shifter will go back on and the JRI's short shift and TD sway bar will be offered up here. I also like having the stock coil overs around to use if I ever send in the JRI's for a rebuild - - saves down time

as to your stock 2015 windshield I would think there might be plenty of people interested - especially people on a budget who bought the base

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

That is exactly right.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• All good points, thanks. Where the SlingShot is concerned all I have for "extra" parts are the windshield, which we had replaced on warranty and never installed, and a set of take-off shocks given to us by a fellow owner so to replace ours as they go bad. I was kind of thinking of stashing an extra pair of original red seats, but I am thinking they would just deteriorate even if not being used?

Again, thanks,

Bill

• I will admit that I threw away the original license plate mount - - hated that thing, looked like a after thought stolen off a bicycle with its stupid reflectors

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don't keep any of them since I am of the mentality that if I removed them it was for a reason so why clutter the garage anymore than it already is with 2sport bikes, SXS,slingshot, 2 SUVs and my gt3

All of them get modded so if I kept the original parts it would be too much of a cluster f*ck.

Years ago I kept the parts just in case of a breakdown but in the end never used any and had the crap in boxes long after I sold the bikes it belonged to, so I learned my lesson.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Yeah, I've been thinking about this too as I'm starting to stock up on take-off parts: Seats, Steering Wheel, windshield, fenders, dual headlight brackets, stereo, bolts, etc.

I did get rid of the stock windshield, but after shipping, I don't think I got $5 out of it. I'm trying to get rid of the fenders now for someone who is doing a project here (they're boxed up already right next to my desk), but even the shipping on those is $50 and I'm giving the fenders away for free!

It comes down to is it worth it to remove the big mods when you sell the SS and then try to sell those aftermarket? I mean, how much could I get for a set of used Cipher Seats that are already cracking around the edges (just 6 months old)? Would it be worth $200 to someone to try to buy from me for $100 and then pay $100 more in shipping charge when you can get a brand new set delivered for $300-ish?

I think I'm going to trash all the big stuff and just keep the small stuff around (bolts, stereo, etc.) to help out members when needed.

• What year fenders

• Another reason for keeping stock parts that has not yet been mentioned is if you get wrecked and go through an insurance settlement. You can negotiate the removal of after market parts if you have the stock part to put back on, keeping the bike whole. Been there, done that!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• They were 2016.5 fenders and got shipped out last night. I won't spoil any plans, but someone on here has a big project in the works.

looking at several ideas. They are to be used for tedtit. Have already started the big project and was able to determine not an easy DIY type of idea. Had to really cut them up to get what I wanted. I'll be posting pics soon.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: