here is a fun slingshot option

• here is a link to the site https://www.lazareth.fr/project/wazuma-v8m/

apparently only 10 will be made but you will have 12 colors to choose from

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I dont remember the source, but I remember reading that in some states / and countries that if the two wheels are within a specified distance apart or less and function as a single unit (no differential) then they are counted as a single wheel - kind of like duel wheels on the same side and axle of a truck

on the website of the manufacture they do refer to this as a "trike" and they also say it meets the legal requirements in France which is where it is made

• With 4 wheels.....It can't be Registered for street use.....

Once again....please do not just state your UNFOUNDED and totally BASELESS opinions as facts.

Legal until a judge says otherwise, after almost 2 years of them being on the streets and one even crashing on a police supervised street race not one quad has gotten(that we know) a ticket due to having 4 wheel.

They might not be your cup of tea but please refrain from starting this BS about them not being legal to be registered.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• UNFOUNDED and totally BASELESS opinion

What I'm about to post below is fact, not opinion in this state, not sure about other states and will not comment on them. You might want to research a little more before you call someone out,.. or renew your sidewalk attorney license.

Legal until a judge says otherwise

Really,... I mean,... REALLY??? ?( Let me guess, you have a right to operate any motor vehicle on any public highway any time you want?

this BS about them not being legal to be registered.

I'm not saying it could not be registered, but I will state it could not be registered as a typical auto cycle in this state with a motorcycle plate. I'm sure @hunter meant no ill-will with this comment and just wanted people who don't know a lot about registrations to check with their DMV office first. Yes ,.. it could have been posted a little different, but next time try not to jump all over someone. It may not have been your intention, but that's the way I read it. stay safe

• Once again....please do not just state your UNFOUNDED and totally BASELESS opinions as facts.
    Legal until a judge says otherwise, after almost 2 years of them being on the streets and one even crashing on a police supervised street race not one quad has gotten(that we know) a ticket due to having 4 wheel.

They might not be your cup of tea but please refrain from starting this BS about them not being legal to be registered.

With 4 wheels it losses its motorcycle designation, And will have to conform to all federal automobile regulations....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• How a quad bike would get registered is probably something that varies by State and Country. reversetrike.com isback up today and has a link to a variety of quad bikes, several of which are built and sold here in the USA. Here's their definition of what was used to qualify a quad bike for the listing - "To fit in this category I'm not merely looking for a quad that could be legally driven on a street somewhere in the USA. There are many vehicles that may qualify to be considered 'street legal' in certain areas of the country that could never be taken out on the Interstate and driven 70 mph from one city to another. That's what I'm looking for here. Quads that are designed to be used in place of a car, motorcycle or trike for example, that can be driven at freeway speed and used just like any other motorcycle that's used now for such purposes."

• I might have come up a little hard for that I am sorry but after two years of the same crap it gets old, the fact that the quad conversion might not be someone's cup of tea it doesn't mean that people can just bash it and state their points of views as facts.

@Shatneyman you are looking at it like a police officer that "it is not what was intended therefore it must not be legal", a bolt-on mod can't invalidate registration, it has been fought in court with other vehicles and won before so why would it be any different for the slingshot, either way that is for a judge to decide.

We can continue to argue this legality topic until we all turn blue but the fact(as far as i know) is no quad has been impounded yet, no one has been given a repair/remove ticket or has had their registration revoked, if they were illegal as you say many would have had issues by now, heck Otter ran his from Florida to Colorado(?) without issues you would think in a several thousand mile trip someone would have stopped him and either impounded or given him a repair ticket, so we can argue semantics and points of view all day but you all are just speculating and so far there is no supporting evidence .

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• How about when they make a three wheeler out of some of these small cars, is it still classed a car or is it now a motorcycle?

this is an interesting question. I belong to this reverse trike builders group on face book reverse trike owners and builders

members in that group are from all over the world. Many build trikes where a motorcycle is used as the power plant in the back looking like a t-rex and from what I understand they retain the VIN and motorcycle registration. there are also other builders that start with cars keeping front with the motor and changing the back into a trike. some of these are front wheel drive others are rear - Up until now I have assumed that these keep the vin and registration of the car, but I am not 100% sure - - considering this I will go ask them and report back here with the answers

• How about when they make a three wheeler out of some of these small cars, is it still classed a car or is it now a motorcycle?

Kit vehicle, can still be legal and fully compliant, but DMV will put it in a new class. Again, no big deal, just another way for the state to control what's on the road

• okay I just posted the following over in that group

"I have a question that just came up on my slingshot forum. when you make a reverse trike out of a motorcycle I have been under the impression that you retain the VIN and registration of the motorcycle for your trike. My question is about reverse trikes that are made from cars - how does the registration work on these? do they simply remain legally cars, or do they get legally reclassified? And if they remain legally calssified as cars do they have to be registered as experimental or anything like that to get around the requirements for safety equipment

Thanks for your help"