Fort Belvoir SS Owners

• Good Morning all, I own a black 2017 SS with the Slingshade and usually keep it lit up driving around. I have passed a couple of other slingshots here on post. Yesterday I passed a white slingshot and waved but NO RESPONSE lol. If anyone would like to stop and chat and just meet up then hit me up. its still a little bit before the riding weather goes south.

• I retired from US Army INSCOM at Ft. Belvoir in 2008 after 11.5+ years enlisted (SFC) and 24 more years as a DA Civilian Intelligence Analyst. The Slingshot wasn't even a dream in a Polaris engineer's head at the time. Started riding motorcycles the year before I retired and rode a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 and then my Suzuki V-Strom 650 every day it wasn't raining util I retired.
    I still miss the roads there as most Texas roads in the Houston area seem to be too flat and too straight!
    I used to call Rt 619 from Triangle to Independent Hill Virginia's mini-Dragon.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• lol sounds like you have it good now though. here the traffic is too congested to even call it a nice ride. you have to go way out into the country for any kind of peace and tranquility for a nice ride. even then it seems the traffic is spilling over.

• I live 30+ miles north of Houston and I still need to ride for at least 30-45 minutes to find any halfway decent fun roads. There's a great riding road about 75 minutes away that is only about 10-15 miles long with warning signs about motorcycling deaths along it. Speed limit is 60, but it has several lower speed curves and one 15 mph right-angle turn that can catch you if you aren't expecting it.
    As far as favorite rides in northern VA, I used to ride down I-95 to Stafford and take Rt 610 to Rt 28.
    If you're willing to ride out I-66, take Rt 688 south to 211. You can then go east to Warrenton and work your way via the back roads over to the Triangle/Dale City areas or go west to the Mountains via 211 to Luray and then take 340 north towards Front Royal and then take I-66 back home or go south on 522 back to 211 to Warrenton and then back on whichever roads you want.
    My favorite ride was from Strasburg, VA to Green Bank, WV. In Green Bank, you can also visit the National Radio Astronomy Telescope and visitor's center. Google the route and you'll find several alternative routes. Some of the roads are multiple lane highways, others two-lane winding roads. There are several alternatives over the mountains between WV and VA for lots of good riding. Figure on an all day trip or make it a weekend ride since there are plenty of great roads in the area.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().