Question for owners of 2015 Slingshots w/Hella center headlights versus the newer Slingshots w/non-Hella center headlights

• For those of you with experience using the original Hella center headlights and the newer non-Hella headlights, did you notice any significant differences in headlight output or patterns? I'm thinking bout replacing my SSO LED-equipped Canadian Headlight units (I've never really felt they added much additional light :( ) with Polaris' Canadian Headlights as I'd like more headlight output for both High and Low beam operation.

• I don’t know if we’re talking about the same thing or not but.....I changed my headlights to the slingmods LED set...I also have Halos on my 4 headlights.... I very rarely use high beams...it seems like the only thing the high beams lights up is the tree tops...

Even with all my lighting upgrades...other vehicles never flash their lights at me at night for Being too bright. But I can see where my lights are focused on the road out in front of me....they aren’t shining in people’s eyes...

Make sure you have your lights focused correctly....

• The headlights aren’t true low beam/high beam. The light is always on at full power. With low beams on a butterfly in the light tube merely blocks enough of the beam to keep it out of the mirror of the car in front of you. Pretty tricky, huh. That’s why switching to high beams doesn’t get any brighter, only street signs and tree tops do as the butterfly is now fully open.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I've never really been that impressed with the SSO Canadian Headlights kit. The SSO kit uses a shutter-equipped projector unit , but the output has never seemed anywhere near equal to the output of the Hella center headlights on my 2015 Base Slingshot. I also didn't like the way the original SSO Canadian headlights needed to be modified for the LED headlights offered when I bought the set several years ago (I don't know if the SSO headlights or the LED bulbs still use the original mounting systems and would consider the SlingMods Canadian Headlight units since they do not seem to require mods for LED bulbs).
    In my quest for better nighttime lighting, I'm considering replacing my existing SSO CH units with either the SlingMods CH units or true Canadian headlights from Polaris. I know that the SlingMods CH units only operate on High or Low beam and lack the shutter used on the dual-beam center headlights.
    That's the reason I'm asking those who have owned Slingshots with the original Hella center headlights AND Slingshots with the non-Hella center headlights to get an honest comparison between the two different headlights. I'm assuming the non-Hella center headlights used on the 16.5 and newer Slingshots are the same as the Canadian headlights Polaris uses on export Slingshots and am trying to figure out if the performance of the true Canadian headlights is worth the extra cost. The cost of the true Canadian headlights is around $350+ compared to around $130 for the SlingMods Canadian headlights.

Oct 26, 2018 Update - I deleted this post because I had an improper understanding of the true Canadian Headlights. I also installed the SlingMods CH units and like their light output much more, even with the halogen bulbs. It looks like I can reuse my SSO LED bulbs with the SlingMods CH units, but I haven't tried yet. See Post #6 in this thread - Headlight Pod question - for what I discovered about my SSO CH units and what cause their very low light output.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I thought the oem lights were too "yellow", so I switched them to PIAA Extreme Plus bulbs. In my opinion, the oem lights might have been a touch brighter, but these bulbs are a much whiter light.

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

:REDSS::HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS:

• As far as headlight color, I prefer bulbs that produce light with a color temperature around 6000K as that is considered a pure white. As you move higher up the color temperature scale, the light becomes bluer and doesn't penetrate as well at night. Standard headlights are usually around 4300K which gives them a slightly yellow tint. Here's a link to an informative site 0 Best HID Color: Headlight Color Guide - Best Headlight Bulbs