US is cracking down on custom tunes?

• Emission controls suck and do nothing but hinder performance and gas mileage. They killed us in the 70s. For the most part tuning and aftermarket chips ect.... Make the motor run better and cleaner unless you are some diesel coal rolling idiot. I am tired of regulations and never kept a cat on anything I ever owned and I believe it ran cleaner without it. Get the FBI to prove me wrong.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Emission controls suck and do nothing but hinder performance and gas mileage. They killed us in the 70s. For the most part tuning and aftermarket chips ect.... Make the motor run better and cleaner unless you are some diesel coal rolling idiot. I am tired of regulations and never kept a cat on anything I ever owned and I believe it ran cleaner without it. Get the FBI to prove me wrong.

I wish they would get out of our lives and stop micromanaging everything we do. But people are scared to death of freedom anymore. Just this weekend sent the wife to sams for IMODIUM. They don’t sell it anymore because the government is starting to regulate how much you can buy. talk about getting in someone’s butt

• it wouldn't surprise me if my slingshot would meet regulation. I know it would pass when it comes to noise.

My only unknown would be if you have to have a catalytic converter to meet regulations or just have a well tuned engine that doesn't run rich.

If it's just being well tuned then I should meet the standards.

However that being said. Alabama doesn't have an infrastructure to check engines. And I'm betting they wont for a long time.

• I wish they would get out of our lives and stop micromanaging everything we do. But people are scared to death of freedom anymore. Just this weekend sent the wife to sams for IMODIUM. They don’t sell it anymore because the government is starting to regulate how much you can buy. talk about getting in someone’s butt

are you serious about the Imodium? I take the Imodium AD like it is candy.

• I don’t think it will effect our slingshots as far as emission. I feel we would be grandfathered in.

• One highlight was after I turned 21 i could legally drink.

The other highlight was the birth of my daughter..

So if you have had children and your over 21 it's all downhill for you.

It seems to be holding pretty true for me at least...

P.s. My low back on the right side has been hurting since I got back from AR. I finally asked for a steroid shot yesterday. It seems to shrink whatever is binding up. So far an occasional shot has kept the back pain at a moderate level. It's just another wonderful thing about getting older.

• people can complain about all of the negative aspects of growing older, but in the end even with all of the negatives it is still better than not growing older.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In California it is technically illegal to change any component of the intake or exhaust systems unless what you install has been approved by the California Air Recourses Board (CARB) the reason I say “technically” is because at this time there are no inspections, smog or other, for motorcycles. I do believe it is only a matter of time before smog inspections do become required as such I see no point in making any changes that can not be easily reversed for inspections

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

With all the laws they pass in Ca I'm surprised everyone in Ca aren't driving petal cars.

people can complain about all of the negative aspects of growing older, but in the end even with all of the negatives it is still better than not growing older.

Yeap, I got a date with Dr. Death for that very reason. I'd rather get beat up by someone on this forum but Dr. Death gets priority, all others must buy a ticket and stand in line.