No Brake lights, rear fin, hazard, turn signal, and license plate light

• I have no power to tail lights, rear fin, license plate, hazard, and signal lights, BUT i have lights in dash (no code in dash), push to start button, headlights (high and low), and fog lights in ACC mode and even when the engine is running.

In my old setup, I have an old camera mounted to the back of the license plate bracket and I used a wire connector to tap into the positive wire from the cable that powers up the rear license plate light to power it up, and it works fine.

I took out the old camera, mounted the new camera, and I used the same wire connector to power it up. It powers up the camera fine at first install, but I thought of connecting the camera to a reverse light instead, so it shows the guidance line when I go on reverse.

I have the SS running, while doing all this. I took out the wire connector from the license plate light cable. I couldn’t locate the reverse light, so I gave up on connecting the camera there, so decided to move the wire connector to the same cable I have used before and hooked up the red cable from the camera.

As soon as I secured the wire connector, I noticed my tail lights went out, but I noticed it’s very dim inside. So, I took out the cables and the wire connectors out again, turn off the engine, gave it a few minutes and turn it to ACC and see if tail lights came up, but no luck even with the engine running.

Is there a fuse that I might have blown in the process while hooking up the red cable from the camera while the SS is running? I couldn’t see anything from the manual. I’m thinking of disconnecting the battery tomorrow and leaving it disconnected for a few minutes before trying again.

Just want to check if anyone experience something similar before I take it to the dealer.

• Always disconnect the negative battery wire before preforming electrical work for that reason.

More than likely a fuse.....now if it keeps popping the fuse you have a short....the dealer will flip out about voiding the warranty and charge you by the hour to find it...

Try to figure it out yourself.

That said when I was doing some wiring I blew out the brake light switch. No brake lights..

• yea... that was my BIGGEST mistake yesterday. I left the SS running while connecting wires..

i’ll check the voltage on all of the fuses in the fuse box later when I get home. Hopefully, it’s just the fuse. After this, I won’t do any more electrical.....

Seeems like we have similar issue, but did you also lose signal lights and hazard? it seems kinda odd that mine went off altogether.

• yea... that was my BIGGEST mistake yesterday. I left the SS running while connecting wires..
    i’ll check the voltage on all of the fuses in the fuse box later when I get home. Hopefully, it’s just the fuse. After this, I won’t do any more electrical.....

Seeems like we have similar issue, but did you also lose signal lights and hazard? it seems kinda odd that mine went off altogether.

Make sure you check the relays some are common so you may be able to just swap them to test

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

I don’t remember about the other lights....I had a dealer visit scheduled so I took it and they changed the brake light switch...

• I finally figured out the issue... I got lucky this time..

I checked the voltage on each fuses and I found the bad one. I swapped it out with another one, and I got all my lights back!!

Now, I just need to figure out how to power all my accessories in the back without tapping to the tail lights..

thanks again @MACAWS !!

• Glad you have it all worked out -
    Why not just run a wire with an in line fuse from teh battery to your switch - you should be able to ground to the frame

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!