Eldridge Toy Run (Sat, Dec 1st 2018)

Date

Eldridge Toy Run

Sat, Dec 1st 2018

Eldridge, AL 35554, USA

Participants

0 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 25th 2018, 12:00 am
  • Please check out http://www.eldridgetoyrun.com for all information about the event.

Last year we were blessed with beautiful weather and over 1k motorcycles!

This is not your ordinary Toy Run. We suggest donations of cash or checks made payable to Eldridge Children’s Home. These funds are used to sustain the home the entire year. We do present gifts to all the children from their own Christmas “wish list”.

The Eldridge Benefit Team consists of motorcycle and antique car enthusiasts from Northeast Mississippi and Northwest Alabama joining hands with the community to lend support in financial aid and awareness of the Eldridge Children’s Home in Eldridge, Alabama. Since 1948, this home has given a home to children in all age groups without support from state or federal money. Most support is from the home-based church with many other churches, civil groups and volunteers lending a hand both in services and financial support.
    Riders from the entire Southeast USA arrive from all directions on the first Saturday in December, hence The First Saturday in December–all roads lead to Eldridge.
    Rain or shine, hot or cold the event will happen so prepare to join us for a day for the kids. This benefit on site enables you to see where and how your donations are used.

Join us, bring your riding group. We guarantee you will leave with a warm heart for your ride home.
    The Benefit Team

For more information you can go to eldridgetoyrun.com or you are welcome to email me. This is our 16th year for doing this event and Shirl and I are proud to be a small part of it. Last year we had several Slingshots show up as well as custom and antique cars and trucks. For the first time we had several of the younger crowd show up with their jacked up 4x4's. In the past we've had everything from Monster Trucks, Rat Rods, Top Fuel Race Bikes, Racing Lawn Mowers, VW Trikes, Slingshots,Farm Tractors, Fire Trucks etc, etc. Don't matter how you travel just be there to enjoy a good meal and share a little time with the children and parents of the home. We promise to get you gone in time that day to watch the SEC College Football Championship game.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Only 30 days away. Saturday Dec. 1st, 2018! There will be free entry to the Car, Truck, Bike, and Trike shows and plaques will be given for the top the vehicles in each class. Judging is done by kids at the home.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• If it's not on your calendar it should be. Don't miss the 16th annual "Eldridge Toy Run"!

If ya got questions just ask. I'm sure I won't know but I can always ask Ghost Ryder(Shirl)!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• rabtech are all pictures that we post going to have the little 'Slingshot' watermark?

I would like to tag them all. All except vendor sections and the gallery sections. I would need to make the images a bit smaller though.

I am going to disable it till I can find out how to disable it from the vendors and gallery sections.

• You can't see them all in the picture but 3 of my cars and the sling were there last year. At the end of the row on the left is my 37'street rod, in the center is the Solstice, and on the far right you can see just the back end of my camaro. I didn't take any of the two wheel bikes last year because such good weather was forecast that I knew we'd have a good turn out. Boy did we ever! It was estimated that there were over 1k bikes there.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Rain is forecast for tomorrow so you know what that means.

That's right, the show will go on!

Our event is and always has been a rain or shine event so bring it on. We will be there to greet you with a hot meal and a smile!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Well I got a little ahead of myself on that last post but we all know the event is on Saturday. Specifically the 1st Saturday in December just like it has been for the last 15yrs. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Everything is set up and ready to go. Had a good crowd tonight for the Sponsors and Workers appreciation supper. We had probably 20 "Long Distance Riders" show up for the supper tonight and will be back for the event tomorrow. Several of them came from the Nashville area of TN and a few from other places. There may be a few more show up tomorrow. Looking forward to having a good group of folks turn out tomorrow regardless of the weather. The biggest group of riders always comes from Amory MS. They will leave Wal-Mart in Amory at 10:00am Other large rides come from Huntsville, Florence, Tuscaloosa, and Summiton AL.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Ghost I will be down there tomorrow and bring the slingshot if it's not raining. Heck if it's raining I might even toss it in the trailer and unload it at the service station.

I'm already up and moving around..... so if your getting up early and want to meet at the Huddle House for some breakfast early just text me.