Clicky clutch!?

• New SLR has an odd noise & feel when I depress the clutch. I can hear - and feel! - multiple clicks when the clutch is near the floor and completely disengaged. Sounds like a spring rubbing on something to me, but I'm certainly no expert here!

Going back to the dealer in a few weeks, but don't want to let something go if its important. Any ideas would be welcome!
    Tried to upload mp4 video w sound, but no go.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I met a local owner who had just replaced his new Slingshot because the pressure plate exploded after 200 miles. For the record, I believe it was an SL and the local dealer offered to fix it or sell him a replacement at cost. He chose the SLR at cost. From your description it sounds like it could be a defective clutch or pressure plate. Definitely get it taken care of by your dealer or it could leave you stranded or in a dangerous situation.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I met a local owner who had just replaced his new Slingshot because the pressure plate exploded after 200 miles. For the record, I believe it was an SL and the local dealer offered to fix it or sell him a replacement at cost. He chose the SLR at cost. From your description it sounds like it could be a defective clutch or pressure plate. Definitely get it taken care of by your dealer or it could leave you stranded or in a dangerous situation.

Thanks, I'll have it checked out right away!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Those shakedown rides of new ownership...

Gotta drive 'em to find 'em.

Troubleshooting from long distance is always handicapped at best. Most first offerings are worst case scenarios.

Could be loose bell housing bolts.

You have two options...

1) You do the shakedown drive, identify the symptoms, and let the dealer document/deal with his product.

2) You find and fix.

Protect your ass on major problems and involve the dealer for documentation and warranty coverage.

The Slingshot is designed to be a fun machine but is assembled by folks the likes of which most of us work with. And not to the quality standards of most automotive manufacturers.

So, expect a bump but keep riding.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Okay...
    Base, SL, SLR, and LE...
    Different packages...
    Same drive train and engine... duh!

Paint color doesn't make them faster, but I do have one of the "fast red ones".

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: