Inspection Stickers

• I am coming up on my inspection sticker expiring. Where is everyone getting theirs done? I have been told not to go to a regular inspection station as they will try and treat it as a car. Even after explaining the situation and what the vehicle is classified as, they will fail it due to emissions and all of that BS. Now not knowing the full details and all of that, I wanted to put it up for discussion here and see what everyone else is doing. I can also take it, when I find the brief time I have, down to Coleman's Powersports in Woodbridge, which that is like pulling teeth from a gator. thoughts?

• even if it is Coleman's? lol. they don't have a very good reputation. although I guess this is just an inspection. Plus they need to look at the last recall. mine still has not been seen for that. I believe it was the seatbelt issue? . . . . .

• I don't know anything about Coleman's, but I guarantee you there is a 100% chance of something going sideways and your time and/or money being wasted if you go with anyone but a Polaris dealer. Other people just don't know.

• There aren't any M/C inspections in NJ.....And when they did have them Pre 2011 it was a joke,
    They were mostly interested if your helmet was DOT and had enough reflective tape...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I stopped by the local oil change place here in TX and they took care of me in just a few mins flat. I joked with them and asked if they wanted to validate the windshield wipers were operating. :D

But of course your Polaris dealer can also take care of you.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Better to go to the dealer and get the safety recall taken care of. Even though the safety inspection will basically be done as if it is a car, because from the back of the seats forward....it is. Safety inspection insures that everything that came on it functions.

I just took mine to a garage that does cars and motorcycles....I was told as long as it’s titled as a motorcycle that’s how it will be inspected.

• Thank you Oklahoma. No inspections but I checked everything all is good, I gave it my stamp of approval good enough for me.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I might have been lucky @Hernandeves5 - I have taken mines to the local service stations for the last several years and they ask so many questions and will not touch anything - I drive if forward to the service bay - stay seated and they ask me to hunk the horn, turn on the lights, turn signals etc. they check the tires - 25 min later I am out of there.... Guess just depends on who you get. I purchased mines from Coleman as well, but I have never gone back to them.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I might have been lucky @Hernandeves5 - I have taken mines to the local service stations for the last several years and they ask so many questions and will not touch anything - I drive if forward to the service bay - stay seated and they ask me to hunk the horn, turn on the lights, turn signals etc. they check the tires - 25 min later I am out of there.... Guess just depends on who you get. I purchased mines from Coleman as well, but I have never gone back to them.

I have had some good experiences with them and then I have also had bad. I took it in because of a recall and they were supposed to fix the seats because all of the screws were coming out of the backside of the passenger seat and they fixed the recall but didn't touch the seat and I was sitting there for over 2 1/2 hours already. I think I will try the local gas station first.

and believe it or not, because I work on fort Belvoir, the military likes to check all of the inspection stickers as well as the stickers on the license plates to make sure everything is up to date. and they let you know if you are close to expiration.

• Also Coleman's won't even inspect your slingshot if you are not running the factory type headlight bulbs. I died laughing while leaving, drove to the closest gas station, and was out in minutes like @lrobbi mentioned. You won't have any issues from spots in NOVA.

Now Coleman's has been good to me for service/recall work. But, have completely lost my business for inspections.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Our house is 100 yards from the Tn/Va state line. Right now the SS is tagged in Virginia. As with the rest of my vehicles, once I have any kind of trouble getting an inspection sticker, I will go right across town and tag it in Tennessee. Thank God for P.O. Boxes. ;)

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!