Sway bar grease - can there be only one?

• just curious if you have changed your sway bar mount to one that is designed to be greased what grease do you use. I have the DDM mounts coming this week and have read the installation instructions and they recommend they be greased with a marine grade grease. currently I have Lucas Oil X-Tra heavy in the grease gun which is what I use in my u-Joints, and I also have a tube of the Red N Tacky. Do I really need to buy some Lucas Marine just for this?

Also if I do get the Marine can it be used in the U-joint - - - It would be nice if I didnt have to switch back n forth using different greases for different jobs

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Marine is designed to deal with water. The bushings are not sealed. That would be the main reason. A greasable mount would allow other grease as it would push out the old but you would need to do the maintenance.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Marine is designed to deal with water. The bushings are not sealed. That would be the main reason. A greasable mount would allow other grease as it would push out the old but you would need to do the maintenance.

to me the simple fact there is a zerk would make me want to hit it every oil change - - just kind of the way it was when I was a kid - part of the old oil change and lube meant hitting every zerk was just what you did

• That is the best stuff out there, I have used Super Lube for years. Even in the spray can. If you do not want something to rust this is the product to use

okay, if this is the best stuff out there as you say can I use it to lube the u-joint? - just trying to figure out if I can get away with having just one grease gun or if I should get a second for the sway bar grease

• This is the grease I use for the sway bar bushings. It is the same grease recommended by BMR Suspension.

That is the best stuff out there, I have used Super Lube for years. Even in the spray can. If you do not want something to rust this is the product to use

okay, if this is the best stuff out there as you say can I use it to lube the u-joint? - just trying to figure out if I can get away with having just one grease gun or if I should get a second for the sway bar grease

IMHO I would say yes

• okay - thank you all for the assistance. Ordered up some of the Super Lube and will make it my go to grease for both the sway bar and u-joint

• okay - thank you all for the assistance. Ordered up some of the Super Lube and will make it my go to grease for both the sway bar and u-joint

I also ordered 3 tubes of Super Lube from E-Bay. I have used it on bearings at work (Industrial small ball bearings) for the last 25 years or so. I always keep the spray can around at home

• I only have a small grease gun so I ordered 2 of the 3oz cartridges from Amazon - will be here today and so will my DDM sway bar mounts :thumbsup:

• Well, My DDM mounts from Slingmods are out for delivery and my Super Lube was just delivered here at my office so I should be having some fun when I get home this afternoon