HELP On The Road

• I got McGiver working on it. Follow me here an extra heavy bar, 2 C-Clamps to keep it from sliding off of the bend and jack the bar up using it as a lever on one end and the other end attached to the A-Arm or over it. Also a little heat would not hurt at this time. That is best I can come up with being 3,000 miles away

• If I may suggest, enjoy your day today, contact the nearest SlingShot dealer tomorrow morning and, using your roadside assistance, have your SlingShot transported there, drop it off, (because they will not have the part), rent a car, (again, using your roadside assistance) and drive home. Then when the repairs are completed on your SlingShot, make it a day and have your Significant other, or a friend, take you back up to pick it up. :)

An additional thought would be to see if you can find a tire store nearby today that has some BF Goodrich G-Force™ COMP-2™ A/S tires and have those Kendas replaced for your next rainy adventure, (they have been doing a great job for us) :)

Well, that is how we would do it! :)

Bill

• Better than Goldwings, ain't it? ;):P

Nancy and I went riding with our old Wing club Saturday. Afterward Nancy commented that the Sling riders tend to be more outgoing and a more “youthful” bunch. After spending the day as tail end Charlie I was pretty happy to ride without the group. Trying to not run over a Goldwing all day is frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Nancy and I went riding with our old Wing club Saturday. Afterward Nancy commented that the Sling riders tend to be more outgoing and a more “youthful” bunch. After spending the day as tail end Charlie I was pretty happy to ride without the group. Trying to not run over a Goldwing all day is frustrating.

I have been there and done that.

• Better than Goldwings, ain't it? ;):P

Hey guys don’t forget about me! HA HA HA
    In all the years I’ve been riding bikes Saturday evening was the first time I had the experience of truly needing help on the highway!
    Trust me when I say I really needed help and it did not take very long for help to come. Al and Phuong literally responded within minutes. I am a true believer in this webpage.

As I am preparing this document I’m thinking we need a FIRST responders list for a “HELP CALL PAGE” if I knew how to do it set it up I would be the first on the list for any biker to call for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• As I am preparing this document I’m thinking we need a FIRST responders list for a “HELP CALL PAGE” if I knew how to do it set it up I would be the first on the list for any biker to call for help.

Best thing I can say is develop a list of local contacts, and work on building the local network. Then you can reach out to them if you need help. That's why I targeted @SlingLow and @BryanL when you posted. They're the only two I know in WA, but I figured they would know others. That's the real strength of this forum. If someone were in this area and needed help, there's a half dozen or more people I could call, with various resources.

• rabtech. Any ideas how to do this?

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Best thing I can say is develop a list of local contacts, and work on building the local network. Then you can reach out to them if you need help. That's why I targeted @SlingLow and @BryanL when you posted. They're the only two I know in WA, but I figured they would know others. That's the real strength of this forum. If someone were in this area and needed help, there's a half dozen or more people I could call, with various resources.

and why this is so important

Please take a moment

Like @KayTwo said - You have to build your own network of local members .... local to you and to where you are riding. The forum is great and I support it 100% but it is not a useful tool when you barely have phone service and have no internet service

• How do you do this when people do not want to even put their location on the map, not even the state that they are from.

Gerald, the map program sucks. I have put my name on there four or five times, and it keeps getting erased. I have just stopped checking it. That's why I have people's names and numbers in my phone, or in my email.

• Gerald, the map program sucks. I have put my name on there four or five times, and it keeps getting erased. I have just stopped checking it. That's why I have people's names and numbers in my phone, or in my email.

I do the same thing, but you still cannot get people to use the map. That's funny, I put mine in at the very beginning and it is still there.