Worth the money??

• With the addition of computers vehicles today have become way more sophisticated. Many mechanics have become parts changers. Read the code and start changing parts until it quits. When they start adding parts, if the one they just added doesn’t fix the problem they don’t put the old part back on, they charge you for it and add the next one. Running up your bill. Digital wrench allows you to run diagnostic tests and set perimeters on sensors. Access to the control computer would be very helpful. Why should I have to pay a dealer just to clear a code?

You still need some mechanical ability and specialty tools to accomplish the above. There are many times you have to depend on the dealer because of digital wrench. That means getting your SS to the dealer, which means loss of riding time and inconvenience. And we’ve all heard the horror stories about “repairs” made at certain dealers.

I’m a do it yourself kinda guy..... I don’t like paying someone to do something that I can do and probably better. There are many repairs I probably wouldn’t attempt because of lack of experience or lack of certain equipment necessary to do it. But, Even I can be a parts changer.

My SS is out of warranty so that changes things too.

As to Polaris eventually going to OBD2....it won’t do me much good....this is my first and last slingshot....barring anything “catastrophic”.

• Maybe a little OT from the original post, but Digital Wrench from what I have seen is nothing more than a diag tool that can help the mechanic troubleshoot and resolve issues by reading codes, sensor data, and clearing codes. It also recommends possible solutions paths. Read more here: UserGuide.pdf

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

:REDSS::HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: