Mods That came with Side Effects

• Having gotten the subject of bad mods rolling and people contributing to help others There is another "mod" subject I think is important enough to have its own thread and that subject as the title says is:

Mods that came with side effects - good or bad, but mostly bad

Often times when we make a mod it comes with side effects. Sometimes these are anticipated and other times they are not. They can also range from minor almost not worth mentioning to really annoying and requiring other changes. In any event For myself and for others I thought it would be good if people would tell us about any mods they made that had a side effect that you think others might like to know before they make the same mod - also if it was something that required other changes to fix please tell us about what you did

My main mods have been suspension changes, coil overs and a solid sway bar like most functional mods I have done to cars in the past there have been minor side effects that were not mentioned on the vendor web sites that someone doing this for the first time might like to know - not a big deal, but if you make these changes expect to hear a bit more noise from your suspension. metal bushings in the coil over mounts vs the stock rubber and a more solid sway bar will transmit every little click or clunk to the frame and amplify it better that the stock set up did this is completely normal so dont be surprised if when idling over speed bumps or other such things you hear a bit more noise than you did befor the mods.

So have you made a mod that came with a side effect that wasn't mentioned on the vendors web site, something you were not expecting? please share it if you have - Tops, taller windows, exhaust changes - - - -these are all mods that may be on my radar in the future - any :thumbdown: side effects I should know?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In all seriousness, one that came about as a result of a fairly recent modification, although it is in no way a bad thing, is that after the fenders from @StickerDick were installed on Azura, I noticed that if I was going over a patch of rough road, I would get some clunking noises from the front tires. I quickly figured out that it was the fenders flexing on their mounts and bumping the tread of the tire on the inside of the fender. I checked with a couple folks to make sure that was normal, and was a sure that it was okay. It has taken me a little bit of getting used to, but it was certainly something that caught me off guard at first. All good now, though.

• metal bushings in the coil over mounts vs the stock rubber and a more solid sway bar will transmit every little click or clunk to the frame and amplify it better that the stock set up did this is completely normal so dont be surprised if when idling over speed bumps or other such things you hear a bit more noise than you did befor the mods.

normally I always ride with earplugs in to defeat the wind noise. I took my buddy for a short ride the other day without them.....the amount of clacking and banging noises were crazy...I couldn’t figure where or why? I thought the whole SS was falling apart...it sounded like an old pickup truck speeding on a goat path. I consider it way too much noise..

That said does anyone want to come up with a way to isolate the metal mountings? And shouldn’t the manufactures have figured that out yet? Kinda disappointing considering the amount of money we paid for them. You’ll get a smoother ride but go deaf doing it...

• normally I always ride with earplugs in to defeat the wind noise. I took my buddy for a short ride the other day without them.....the amount of clacking and banging noises were crazy...I couldn’t figure where or why? I thought the whole SS was falling apart...it sounded like an old pickup truck speeding on a goat path. I consider it way too much noise..
    That said does anyone want to come up with a way to isolate the metal mountings? And shouldn’t the manufactures have figured that out yet? Kinda disappointing considering the amount of money we paid for them. You’ll get a smoother ride but go deaf doing it...

the same noises are there with regular cars, the only difference is that when you ride in them you are wrapped in a heavily insulated cage. And yes they could probably isolate the metal mountings but it would come with reduced performance.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies