Dust cover for SS while it is in garage.

• I have a Bullet Speed Top. I am wanting something to cover SS while it is in garage. This cover will be indoor only. Never even in sunlight. Anybody have a top and have experience with aftermarket covers? :?:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I second the CoverMax. Either indoors or out. If used outside, take the time to ScotchGuard it well. Should take three or four large cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Thank you folks for the help and responses. Went with the $25.06 on ebay. Can't beat that price and it will always be in garage. It will not be in wind or outdoors. Thanks again for your responses.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Budge cover came today. It fit really good. I'll update after I've had it for a few months. It definitely wouldn't work outdoors.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I haven't had my S/S That long, But i won't cover it at any time.. My Motorcycles when i parked them for the winter i just coved them with an old sheet...My Trikes i rode them just about everyday in the winter, And hopefully i can ride the S/S all winter also....Gonna find out the first time it snows, I'm thinking with the fat rear tire, It might not get any traction going up my driveway , Had the same problem with a Spyder i had.. My Tri-Glide had no problems in the snow..3 inches or less...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I haven't had my S/S That long, But i won't cover it at any time.. My Motorcycles when i parked them for the winter i just coved them with an old sheet...My Trikes i rode them just about everyday in the winter, And hopefully i can ride the S/S all winter also....Gonna find out the first time it snows, I'm thinking with the fat rear tire, It might not get any traction going up my driveway , Had the same problem with a Spyder i had.. My Tri-Glide had no problems in the snow..3 inches or less...

Keep in mind your Tri-Glide weighs less and has narrower tires increasing the weight per square inch of contact surface, so that probably helps your traction
    You might get better winter traction with an All Season narrower tire like the Nitto Motivo. The Motivo is an asymmetric tire and some folks don't like running an asymmetric tire on the rear of a single rear wheel vehicle. Several Slingshot owners have used asymmetric tires on the rear of our Slingshots, but the sample size is not very big.
    If you have a Base model Slingshot, Nitto shows you can go as narrow as a 235/40ZR18 which will be about 1" narrower and should increase the weight per sq in of contact surface for better traction. The Discount Tire Tire Size Calculator shows that tire to be turning at 65.3 mph at an indicated 65.
    On the 9" wide SL wheel, going to a smaller size Motivo tire (245/45ZR20) only reduces your tire width by about .4 inches, so it would not make as big a difference in weight per sq in of contact patch and would mean you're doing 69 mph at an indicated 65. Unfortunately, the Motivo seems to come in relatively limited sizes for the SL rear wheel.
    The point is, running a narrower all season tire on the rear may help improve traction in colder weather conditions, but you'll still need to avoid getting on the gas if you want traction in poorer weather conditions. Just make sure the tire is rated for the wheel you want to mount it on.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

Not enough rear end weight.....

• Lots of inexpensive options if you look for something that fits a 2007 newer Jeep 2dr Wrangler. It has plenty of room for tops and can be found really cheap if to only be used in your garage. Most inexpensive options DO NOT like extended periods of time outside. UV will eat away at them.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: