Max number of things hooked into cigarette wire

• Anyone know the max number of things that can be tap into the cigarette ignition wire?

Right now, I have one cable that’s tapped into it which is the yellow wire from neutrino.

I’m hooking up another device that requires ground, positive, and yellow wire for ACC. As of now, since i’m still testing it, I have that wire combined with the cable from the end of neutrino box end the popsi lock, and not tapped directly to the cigarette lighter.

I didn’t want to run multiple wires from the cigarette wire and risk of it blowing the fuse, and wanted it to look clean.

Now, I have a scorpio alarm that I will be hooking up, and need Acc connection too, not sure if this is safe to hook it up too using the same wire.

Just wanted to make sure I don’t blow the fuse or anything.

Also, I almost forgot, I have the alpha variable exhaust plugged into the cigarette port inside. I was hoping to get rid of it that connection and eventually hook it up to the neutrino black box, anyone know how to do this?

• Alarm needs a direct connection to the battery.....constantly hot.....not with key hot.

• Use a fuse box like the Neutrino which will allow you to set each connection to always on or Key-on. That way, you only need one connection to an Acc circuit.

i already have a neutrino box set up. Three of those cable I have it hooked already.

Yellow wire from neutrino -> cigarette lighter
    black wire from neutrino -> black screw
    red wire from neutrino -> positive in battery

From my understanding, the cigarette lighter is a constant power, correct? so even if the vehicle is off, it will still be running. This is exactly what I need for the alarm, another unit im working on that also requires constant power, and the neutrino box.

what I hope to accomplish is to simplify the cabling.

For example, if i connect a power strip to the wall outlet, then I can hook multiple devices into that power strip, rather than one device, one outlet.

• The power outlet in the glove box is switched, while the power outlet between the seats is always on.
    You should only need to make a single connection of the Yellow (to a key-on wire such as the glovebox power outlet), Black (to battery negative terminal) and Red (to battery positive terminal) wires between the fuse block and their respective connections. When you go to add a circuit, you can then use the fuse block (Neutrino or FZ-1) to set each circuit for always on (alarm, for example) or key-on (for special lights, etc.). The Red & Black cables will always provide power to the fuse block for connections to circuits you want to have power with the ignition keyed off (alarms, for example). If you want a circuit to only be on when the ignition is keyed on, set that circuit to only have power when the Yellow cable detects the ignition is keyed on.

• Personal opinion here....I don’t think you want the alarm running off an accessory fuse box....instructions say connect directly to the battery. There could be a hardware/software conflict with the neutrinos.....a direct battery connection assures that won’t happen...it’s a pain to run that wire back there but ....
    Main hot wire from battery comes in at the top of the picture into a circuit breaker, then to hot buss (red) aux fuse box (circled) is fed from it. It’s always hot. My neutrino is also fed from the buss. There is also a ground buss on the right.

• Personal opinion here....I don’t think you want the alarm running off an accessory fuse box....instructions say connect directly to the battery. There could be a hardware/software conflict with the neutrinos.....a direct battery connection assures that won’t happen...it’s a pain to run that wire back there but ....
    Main hot wire from battery comes in at the top of the picture into a circuit breaker, then to hot buss (red) aux fuse box (circled) is fed from it. It’s always hot. My neutrino is also fed from the buss. There is also a ground buss on the right.

i really like this setup, and I agree that alarm should be installed directly to the battery, but didn’t want to risk it draining the battery long term, which is why i bought the neutrino fuse box cause I thought I could control everything from there.

One cable run, then I can program circuits any way I want and on top of that is to shutdown all device if the battery goes down certain voltage.

• The alarm locks up the system if someone disconnects the battery. If you hook to a fuse box I don’t know if you will defeat that.

You might be screwing yourself in the long run.

If you aren’t going to ride for a while you (we all) need to trickle charge the battery. All batteries lose a small percentage of charge per day/week if not used.