Fog lights

• Wonder if they were supposed to go in the bumper gap area and that’s why it’s open? Could have been a weight reduction decision. Fog lights aren’t maditory on any vehicle.

When I’m driving most car headlights are (blinding me) at my eye level....that means our headlights are much lower to the ground already...without measuring I’m guessing our lights are only slightly over a 1 foot to 18” high....the location of fog lights on most other vehicles.

Even though I have a ton of front end lights, cars are never flashing at me thinking I have high beams on. They are aimed pretty low.

• I contacted Tricled about my idea to use the Canadian light set up as fog lights

“No it will not work because it has a specific 3 pin harness that plugs into your existing harness already on the SS up top next to the other lights. Do not use the foglight relay plug on the bottom .

Best regards,”

So now I have figure out something different...

• Marketing seems to have won out with the shift to white fog lights.This kit should let you use the fog light wiring - Fog Light Relay Kit for the Polaris Slingshot.
    Back before Polaris issued the headlight fix, I rewired my outer auxiliary headlights to run off the fog light circuit controlled by a switch so I'd have a backup headlight source in the event of failure.

when I switched the outer auxiliary headlights to run off the fog light circuit, I just changed the connectors on the fog light circuit to match the outer headlight. I also added a switch and relay/fuse. Unfortunately, I hadn't realized that the fog light circuit is also connected to the main headlight relay and will only have power when the main headlights are on. I'm now adding a second fuse box to wire the fog light circuit directly off the battery.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• You need to do a little research on fog lights and color. You may be enlightened. I had the same mindset on the subject as you until I did the research.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• You need to do a little research on fog lights and color. You may be enlightened. I had the same mindset on the subject as you until I did the research.

Correct, with my understanding with fog lights it is all about where they are located, (low, bumper level), and the beam that they produce, (low and broad), so when set at the proper height with the correct type of lens, color is of little consequence. The main thing is to keep them low enough to illuminate the road without reflecting off of rain/snow/fog back into your face. Personally, to be the most effective, since we sit lower to the road in the SlingShot than "standard" vehicles, fog lights would have to go below the headlight level on the SlingShot to keep from reflecting back into our face.

Bill