qa1 shocks vs bilstein

• Our 2015 has Bilsteins and the 16.5 has QA1s.
    I really like the ride quality and feedback on the Bilsteins better than the QA1s. The only negative is the lack of adjustability which after many miles is not that big of a deal 90% of the time.
    If I were to have to purchase again, the Bildstein would would fall right behind the DDM shocks and ahead of the QA1s factoring in cost vs performance.

• If I was in the market for a static drop with full adjust-ability, I would take a long hard look at a set of viking triple adjustable coil overs. They have a set that will work with the SS and come in way cheaper than the other offerings. I had the parts all listed out and was tempted to order until I settled on air ride.

Which ever way you go, upgrading the shocks make a HUGE difference in the way the SS performs and in over all comfort.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• If I was in the market for a static drop with full adjust-ability, I would take a long hard look at a set of viking triple adjustable coil overs. They have a set that will work with the SS and come in way cheaper than the other offerings. I had the parts all listed out and was tempted to order until I settled on air ride.

Which ever way you go, upgrading the shocks make a HUGE difference in the way the SS performs and in over all comfort.

Do you still happen to have the parts list available? Might save folks some search time.

• Yup, found it in my email. Prices I am sure have changed a bit. But enough to get you started.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Yup, found it in my email. Prices I am sure have changed a bit. But enough to get you started.

The 350lb spring in the back might be a bit rough. When I put my QA1 system together I ran a 350 spring. I changed to a 300lb spring this summer and the ride improved 100%. My back doesn't hurt after a long ride now.

• This was my original list with red springs (the 250lb springs in front haven't been a problem):

I bought the shocks from http://streetperformanceusa.com
    Order Details:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quantity: 2
    Item: Eibach 12" Coil-Over Spring - 2-1/2" I.D. - 250 lb.
    (EIB1200-250-0250)
    Unit Price: $54.87
    Total Price: $109.74
    Quantity: 1
    Item: Eibach 14" Coil-Over Spring - 2-1/2" I.D. - 350 lb.
    (EIB1400-250-0350)
    Unit Price: $54.87
    Total Price: $54.87
    Item: QA1 Spanner Wrench - Fits FC - 21 - 24 - 50 - 57 - 60 - 62 - 64
    - 65 - 67 and 68 Series Shocks (QA1T114W)
    Unit Price: $18.87
    Total Price: $18.87
    Quantity: 2
    Item: QA1 Ultra Ride Coil-Over Shock - Adjustable (QA1US502)
    Unit Price: $149.87
    Total Price: $299.74
    Item: QA1 Ultra Ride Coil-Over Shock - Adjustable (QA1US602)
    Unit Price: $149.87
    Total Price: $149.87
    subtotal: $633.09
    shipping: $39.61
    total: $672.70

• Great feedback @BryanL I ended up with air ride. But your prices are good too. Are those triple adjustable or double?

• The 350lb spring in the back might be a bit rough. When I put my QA1 system together I ran a 350 spring. I changed to a 300lb spring this summer and the ride improved 100%. My back doesn't hurt after a long ride now.

I was thinking of changing to a 300 pound spring myself on the rear QA1 shock. The 350 does seem a bit harsh. May do that next summer.

• I have switched from the QA1 to the DDM set up
    Prefer the DDM set up much more

I did run the original Bilstein set up and was very pleased but wanted the ability to adjust which the original Bilstein's did not offer

That's my plan too when the QA1s give out.