Best Security Alarm

• I have a Scorpio alarm on my Sling and really like it. If you subscribe to the Rever app it has all kinds of cool features. It texts me when the sling is started or if there is a shock to the sling. It will also tell me where the sling is at and map out the routes traveled, miles traveled, and share them in their community.

I really don't mind much if folks sit in my Sling and take pictures. I have walked up on people sitting in my Sling and offered to take the picture. When I do a show I think every kid ends up getting a pic in my sling.

• I have a Scorpio alarm on my Sling and really like it. If you subscribe to the Rever app it has all kinds of cool features. It texts me when the sling is started or if there is a shock to the sling. It will also tell me where the sling is at and map out the routes traveled, miles traveled, and share them in their community.

I really don't mind much if folks sit in my Sling and take pictures. I have walked up on people sitting in my Sling and offered to take the picture. When I do a show I think every kid ends up getting a pic in my sling.

it seems that most people here have the scorpio as well.. Which model and what features do you have?

• I installed a python car alarm system myself. I already have the guard dog so that takes care of the ignition kill but I wanted it for the shock sensor and motion sensor. It also pages me if its bumped or set off. Wasn't that hard to install. I ended up removing the motion sensor as the shock sensor is good enough if someone bumps it or tries to get in.

what model is that and how much is it for the whole kit?

• I had my dealer install the scorpion...$450...I think...without actually getting out of my recliner...LOL..

is this the “plug and play” they have in the website? i think i’m just gonna have them do the same thing too.

i’m a bit scared to do any electrical work on my SS now after the whole fiasco..

• Yes.....I had them do it to eliminate any warranty issues....they did install an incorrect part and I had to take it back to be fixed....it was no charge for that.

My priority mods have been safety, security and vehicle protection ( lights, alarm, curb alert, upgraded stronger parts)

I figured since the SS is still a unique vehicle keeping someone from stealing is a good idea.

I think a hood open alert would be a good feature to know if someone was trying to open it or it isn’t properly closed.

• I agree! all my mods are for the exact same reason and most of the mods too are to eliminate people from stealing it.

i’ll have to look further for the hood latch, something that really works well with the slingshot and goes with the looks too.

• I agree! all my mods are for the exact same reason and most of the mods too are to eliminate people from stealing it.
    i’ll have to look further for the hood latch, something that really works well with the slingshot and goes with the looks too.

The way my hood hangs up, they would never get it open anyway lol.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• @MrGrey My alarm cost about $139 plus some extras I bought. I added a relay to hook up interior lights and some lights outside that go on when the SS is turned off or the alarm is turned off. This would be the dome light on a car coming on when you unlock the doors. I tapped in to the parking lights so they flash. I also purchased the motion sensor which I ended up removing as the shock sensor is sensitive enough if someone gets in or bumps it. Its a 2 stage sensor so light touches just get a chirp and hard or multiple bumps get full siren and lights. Both will set off my pager. It also had a remote start that I didn't use. So between wire, relays and some extras it was about $200 with me doing the install.

Oh and " I dudits!!"

• This is so funny! reminds me of a guy here in VA that has the same issue with kids messing around with him, loitering in his lawn and all.
    He decided to put up an electric fence to keep those kids away until one of them got zap, parents complain and got him involve. Then, county is asking why he put up his electrical fence on a lawn that he doesn’t even own.

Now, i just need to find a way to zap people when they seat in the SS or touch any panel of it!

It is called a capacitor, charge it up and watch it work when you short out the plus and the negative. Or use the 12 volt fence unit.

• @MrGrey My alarm cost about $139 plus some extras I bought. I added a relay to hook up interior lights and some lights outside that go on when the SS is turned off or the alarm is turned off. This would be the dome light on a car coming on when you unlock the doors. I tapped in to the parking lights so they flash. I also purchased the motion sensor which I ended up removing as the shock sensor is sensitive enough if someone gets in or bumps it. Its a 2 stage sensor so light touches just get a chirp and hard or multiple bumps get full siren and lights. Both will set off my pager. It also had a remote start that I didn't use. So between wire, relays and some extras it was about $200 with me doing the install.

Oh and " I dudits!!"

that sounds like a pretty good alarm! care to send link for the model of the alarm and all the accessories you got?

It is called a capacitor, charge it up and watch it work when you short out the plus and the negative. Or use the 12 volt fence unit.

i might just try that out one weekend! :evil:

• that sounds like a pretty good alarm! care to send link for the model of the alarm and all the accessories you got?

i might just try that out one weekend! :evil:

I do not have an alarm of any type on my SS. But years ago with the animals and my metal trash cans I hooked 120 AC up to the cans and took care of the problem

• A hunk of raw meat and he’ll had them the keys.
    There are videos of people that have “guard dogs” in the house. As a test people came in with meat and the dogs walked around with them wagging their tails as they freely went room to room.

Hey, if you want to come feed my boy a steak you are more than welcome try - Only dog I have ever owned that will not eat if there is anything he thinks he should investigate. Yea, I have seen those videos you talk about and with the dogs I had in the past I would have agreed, but not with Bolt. I can fill his bowl with raw meat and if he hears something unusual he will walk away from that bowl like it was empty to go investigate.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just an interesting note on our part where since becoming an owner back in early 2015 I do not believe that I have heard yet of a SlingShot getting stolen? Also, it sure couldn't be too hard to track down being as rare as they are and as obvious as it would be...............?

Bill

• Just an interesting note on our part where since becoming an owner back in early 2015 I do not believe that I have heard yet of a SlingShot getting stolen? Also, it sure couldn't be too hard to track down being as rare as they are and as obvious as it would be...............?

Bill

Someone on this forum had there’s almost stolen. I can’t remember details but a lot of damage was done to it.

• Reminds me of the thief that broke into the house and made fun of the caged parrot because it was constantly saying " come in nobody home, come in nobody home" then the thief said "you dumb bird that's all you can say? "then the parrot said...." Sik um, sik um".

similar to one I heard

Late one night, a burglar broke into a house that he thought was empty. He tip-toed through the living room but suddenly he froze in his tracks when he heard a loud voice say: "Jesus is watching you!"
    Silence returned to the house, so the burglar crept forward again. "Jesus is watching you," the voice boomed again. The burglar stopped dead again. He was frightened. Frantically, he looked all around. In a dark corner, he spotted a bird cage and in the cage was a parrot.

He asked the parrot: "Was that you who said Jesus is watching me?"

"Yes", said the parrot.

The burglar breathed a sigh of relief, then he asked the parrot: "What's your name?"
    "Clarence," said the bird.

"That's a dumb name for a parrot," sneered the burglar. "What idiot named you Clarence?"

The parrot says, "The same idiot who named the Rottweiller Jesus."

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies