Best Security Alarm

• This sunday, i took the SS for a ride to get lunch. When I got back, I saw a couple seating on the SS while taking pictures. Meanwhile, there’s a couple more that’s sitting by the hood area and taking more pictures..

I’m so heated at that time that I almost threw my lunch at all of them, but that’s just a waste of lunch and i was hungry.

I’ve been holding off on getting alarm all this time, but I think it’s time to get one.

I’ve looked around on what’s offered in the market, there’s one that slingmods sell, and the one that polaris sell from the website. Although, it doesn’t say if it’s compatible with mine.

Those who have an alarm already, help me choose one, not sure if it’ll be a problem, but here’s my current setup.

2016 Base
    - digital guard dawg installed
    - neutrino fuse box installed

I need an alarm that can be hook into a neutrino if possible and also offer perimeter alarm system to deter those people who like to seat in someone’s property, and a smart app integration would be nice.

Help me choose one.

• My scorpion will lock the bike from starting if the battery is disconnected and hooked back up. It does perimeter, shock and other stuff. If you use a cover and the wind blows it goes off.

I can’t use it in my driveway if I cover it.

I have had the perimeter set and people ignore it.

Do you remember the locking hood pins from the seventies?

• what kind of scorpio alarm is that?

I already have the digital guard dawg so i’m sure they won’t be able to start it without the key fob.

I really like the perimeter and shock sensor alarm, would be nice if it has the gps too.

now that you mention it, i do remember those hood lock pins, and usually in muscle cars..
    i’ll have to look into that.

• Check with @mniron he makes a great set of hood pins for the SS

You can see them here

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I had a Scorpio that I removed. For me it was a PITA in the driveway. It would go off whenever my wife or the cat would walk by. Had a similar system on the Wing.

The remote warning system is nice when it works. For me there were just too many false positives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Check with @mniron he makes a great set of hood pins for the SS
    You can see them here

Thanks @MACAWS I’ll pm him.

that’s actually what I want. The SS stays in the garage anyway, but i want to annoy every single person that come closer to SS outside

• I had the same issue with people wanting to get in my Slingshot. I started doing some research on security alarms. My Slingshot is a 2018 SL and the Polaris OEM alarm won’t work due to Polaris changing to the ride command radio in 2018. I contacted Scorpio customer service and told them what I wanted. I settled on the Scorpio SRX-900 with perimeter sensor. I also have the Neutrino fuse box. I use the RED wire coming from the neutrino with the inline fuse. This wire will provide constant power to the alarm. Easy to install, only three wires, power,ground, and switch. You can also adjust the perimeter sensor to your liking. I have had the alarm for around 3 months and I really like it. It’s fun to watch people’s reactions when they get to close. You can add GPS tracking to this alarm for a extra cost. Give Scorpio customer service a call if you are interested, they are very helpful. Hope this helps with your decision.

• I use Auto Page and Compustar paging alarms on my cars. have not tried them on the SS.

Proximity sensors are to flakey. I get is adjusted just perfect and the temperature changes and it is wacked out again. I have always had issues with them on all my alarms and end up disconnecting it.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

Edited once, last by Chain ().

• I had the same issue with people wanting to get in my Slingshot. I started doing some research on security alarms. My Slingshot is a 2018 SL and the Polaris OEM alarm won’t work due to Polaris changing to the ride command radio in 2018. I contacted Scorpio customer service and told them what I wanted. I settled on the Scorpio SRX-900 with perimeter sensor. I also have the Neutrino fuse box. I use the RED wire coming from the neutrino with the inline fuse. This wire will provide constant power to the alarm. Easy to install, only three wires, power,ground, and switch. You can also adjust the perimeter sensor to your liking. I have had the alarm for around 3 months and I really like it. It’s fun to watch people’s reactions when they get to close. You can add GPS tracking to this alarm for a extra cost. Give Scorpio customer service a call if you are interested, they are very helpful. Hope this helps with your decision.

Ill give them a call and see what they can help me with. Then I might pm you if i have any questions or need help with install. Thanks!

• Thanks @MACAWS I’ll pm him.that’s actually what I want. The SS stays in the garage anyway, but i want to annoy every single person that come closer to SS outside

It is so funny that this topic came up now for even as I write this there is a lil war going on with an employee with an alarm in his car and 5 or 6 mischievous juveniles. The kids sneak up, jostle the car to set off the alarm then running off as the owner goes charging outside, this has been going on all morning to the humor of everybody else in the building! :D

There it goes again!!
    Bill

• It is so funny that this topic came up now for even as I write this there is a lil war going on with an employee with an alarm in his car and 5 or 6 mischievous juveniles. The kids sneak up, jostle the car to set off the alarm then running off as the owner goes charging outside, this has been going on all morning to the humor of everybody else in the building! :D
    There it goes again!!
    Bill

This is so funny! reminds me of a guy here in VA that has the same issue with kids messing around with him, loitering in his lawn and all.

He decided to put up an electric fence to keep those kids away until one of them got zap, parents complain and got him involve. Then, county is asking why he put up his electrical fence on a lawn that he doesn’t even own.

Now, i just need to find a way to zap people when they seat in the SS or touch any panel of it!

• It is so funny that this topic came up now for even as I write this there is a lil war going on with an employee with an alarm in his car and 5 or 6 mischievous juveniles. The kids sneak up, jostle the car to set off the alarm then running off as the owner goes charging outside, this has been going on all morning to the humor of everybody else in the building! :D
    There it goes again!!
    Bill

I have Uconnect on my challenger and can set off the alarm no matter where I am. I wait till wife is across the parking lot and set it off. She gets upset for some reason.

• Some people had small pad locks on them to keep people from taking all the hopped up engine goodies...

Back to the reason this came up....thinking about it those people that tried to open the SS hood but failed was because they were trying to open it like a car hood lifting up the front to the hood...that left the back latches open.....

• the definitely make sense! I never thought of that...

sometimes I just wish that the hood does open up like that, it’s hard to work in the front sometimes with the way how it open and close.

I thought about getting the extended hinges too but it looks like it’s caused more trouble for more people here than good..

• I installed a python car alarm system myself. I already have the guard dog so that takes care of the ignition kill but I wanted it for the shock sensor and motion sensor. It also pages me if its bumped or set off. Wasn't that hard to install. I ended up removing the motion sensor as the shock sensor is good enough if someone bumps it or tries to get in.

• When I leave my Slingshot unattended where I cant keep an eye on it I lock the steering wheel to the frame with a pair of Master lock street cuffs - not only does it secure the slingshot, but it makes it virtually impossible to sit in the drivers seat.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I called scorpion and asked for an alarm that has proximity sensor, GPS, and smartphone ability.

He quoted me $520 for all the parts that I need for this setup with the coupon only he can give and a total savings of $200. I asked for a written quote with all the parts, and he said he can only say it verbally, which is kinda odd why he won’t do it.

I know it’s been years since I got a security alarm quote for any vehicle, but I find this really weird..

I mean it’s a scorpion brand, which i have never heard of until now, unlike Viper that has repetition.

Is security alarm this expensive nowadays? ?(