2019 Can-Am Ryker 3-wheeler starts at $8499!

• I kinda like it..I owned a Spyder RT for 3 years and it's not a bad machine (once modified). Price point on this will get it some action. I was going to make a Star Trek joke when I saw the name but it seems Can Am was already doing that with the "new first officer" remark.

• That Ryker with the 900 cc is going to be a lot of power compared to the rest of the Can Am lineup and with the lower seat height , centre of gravity , it may actually even corner a bit aggressively ,albeit nothing like a Slinsghot with less than half the vertical center of gravity. But when you look at the power to weight numbers it is actually better than their fastest F3 S model.

Their current high performance F3 S model with the 1330 cc 3 cyl engine boasts 105 h.p. (engine though, not wheel horsepower ) and it has a dry weight of 899 lbs. giving it a power to weight ratio of 8.56 lbs per h.p. or .116 H.p. / lb.

This little Ryker with the 900 cc 3 cyl boasts 77 hp but only weighs 616 lbs making it the lightest loaded with a power to weight ratio of only 8 lbs per horsepower or .125 h.p. / lb.

That combined with a 23.5 inch seat height verses the 26.6 inches of the F3 S giving it a 12 % lower center of gravity and a slightly more power to weight ratio will no doubt make this the most agile and highest performing Spyder to date, and at half the price, this little Ryker will probably make a good seller. They even sweep the handlebars forward ! lol, but to call anything Can Am Spyder a drifter, may be a stretch .

l

• Found this article on TDS - Leasing and Lower Prices: The Can-Am Strategy of Affordability. Turns out Can-Am not only intro'd some new models, they also reduced prices on all models and now offer leasing!
    Now if Polaris would steal this concept for the Slingshot II, but still keep it 3-wheeled - Cycleweird Short: The Suzuki Hayabusa Sport Concept! The basic lines are pretty and if kept as a 3-wheeler will still offer a lot of benefits to the mod community. A topless version would still look pretty good.

• Found this article on TDS - Leasing and Lower Prices: The Can-Am Strategy of Affordability. Turns out Can-Am not only intro'd some new models, they also reduced prices on all models and now offer leasing!
    Now if Polaris would steal this concept for the Slingshot II, but still keep it 3-wheeled - Cycleweird Short: The Suzuki Hayabusa Sport Concept! The basic lines are pretty and if kept as a 3-wheeler will still offer a lot of benefits to the mod community. A topless version would still look pretty good.

DUDE! If you keep this Cam am stuff up on a slingshot forum Polaris may send the the men in little black helicopters after you. Waaaaaaaaa (wouldn't wanna be in your spy shoes)!

• Got to sit on one today. Learned that the handlebars are adjustable forward and backwards about 2", and the footpegs adjust 6-8" forward and backwards as well. Pretty nice little detail.

At 6'4", it's a tiny bit too small for me for an extended ride in comfort, but it would be cool around town. My bride is a perfect fit.