Microsoft now "warning" users against Chrome

• Windows 10 is probably worse than Windows Vista was when it originally came out.

I have never had a big problem with any of the Operating Systems till Windows 10. The main thing is the forced updates. And the terrible times they decide to do these updates. I have Dr's that need to use their computers and when they get to work they turn the computers on and sometimes they have to wait over an hour on an update to apply. And sometime they never do get to use the computer because it was a failed update.

Microsoft has pretty much just decided to "screw the customer" and make them like it...

Sorry for the rant. I have to work on computers everyday so Im just right on the verge of flipping out at any minute....

• You all laugh at me and my flip phone!

We will see who the last man standing will be...just sayin

This new technology is just gonna bite you all in the butt

:00008356: I loved your flip phone, my Mom insists on using one, but what OS did you use to enter this. I’m sure it wasn’t your phone’s OS. :00008356: Still love ya buddy!!!

• I have worked with PC's since the first IBM's. and here at work I still have to deal with them every day

At home its a different subject, switched to Mac's in 2009 and haven't looked back - my 2 macs have run perfectly from day one and unless something drastically changes I doubt I will ever go back to a PC

Best part is when the idiots call me to tell me my PC has a windows virus - morons!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm willing to admit that Apple designs some pretty good products, but I refuse to buy Apple products. Aside from the fact that I never liked Steve Jobs (other than having a good eye for design) I've never liked Apple's tendency to prevent the user from adding memory via an SD card or equivalent, choosing instead to force the customer to pay an exorbitant price to purchase an upgraded model with additional memory. The entire idea of non-user-serviceable products when it comes to things like changing batteries or adding additional storage has also complicated the recycling process, often making recycling of a product non-cost-effective. I have used Samsung phones for years, but now that Samsung has chosen to copy Apple's approach and seal everything inside the product, I hope I can find an acceptable alternative. After Samsung realized sales were affected when they tried to sell phones w/o a user-upgrade-able micro SD card, they restored that feature, but the use of sealed-in batteries still bothers me.
    Yes, a sealed-in design allows the manufacturers to make a slightly more compact device, but i strongly feel consumers should insist on products designed for easy recycling and that allow the consumer to easily replace batteries or memory w/o having to go to a specialized service center. End of rant.

• MS has gone overboard now, warning everyone against "dangerous" Chrome, Android, Firefox, and other competitive software.

I think this photo describes it pretty well...

Their all a bunch of spoiled children fighting over each others toys and money. If these screwballs ever had to earn there keep they'd all go out of business. Corporate people don't have to be smart anymore

• I'm willing to admit that Apple designs some pretty good products, but I refuse to buy Apple products. Aside from the fact that I never liked Steve Jobs (other than having a good eye for design) I've never liked Apple's tendency to prevent the user from adding memory via an SD card or equivalent, choosing instead to force the customer to pay an exorbitant price to purchase an upgraded model with additional memory. The entire idea of non-user-serviceable products when it comes to things like changing batteries or adding additional storage has also complicated the recycling process, often making recycling of a product non-cost-effective. I have used Samsung phones for years, but now that Samsung has chosen to copy Apple's approach and seal everything inside the product, I hope I can find an acceptable alternative. After Samsung realized sales were affected when they tried to sell phones w/o a user-upgrade-able micro SD card, they restored that feature, but the use of sealed-in batteries still bothers me.
    Yes, a sealed-in design allows the manufacturers to make a slightly more compact device, but i strongly feel consumers should insist on products designed for easy recycling and that allow the consumer to easily replace batteries or memory w/o having to go to a specialized service center. End of rant.

I have an iMac - probably the most "sealed" desk top computer they sell - has a small plate on the bottom edge that removes with one screw that covers the memory slots - I maxed out the memory in it shortly after I bought it with memory I bought from a third party - the hard drive is a bit harder to access with the iMac being an all in one design, but people change them it all the time - - you just have to lift off the display to get to it.

I will agree that the batteries in the iPhones are not user replaceable, but a few months back I took my iPhone 6 into the apple store and they replaced it for $25 - yea, not as convenient as doing it at home would have been, but thats okay when I was waiting I went next door and looked at the cars at the Tesla showroom

• The last “solid” Windows OS was ‘98. Since then they all just waste my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I have an iMac - probably the most "sealed" desk top computer they sell - has a small plate on the bottom edge that removes with one screw that covers the memory slots - I maxed out the memory in it shortly after I bought it with memory I bought from a third party - the hard drive is a bit harder to access with the iMac being an all in one design, but people change them it all the time - - you just have to lift off the display to get to it.
    I will agree that the batteries in the iPhones are not user replaceable, but a few months back I took my iPhone 6 into the apple store and they replaced it for $25 - yea, not as convenient as doing it at home would have been, but thats okay when I was waiting I went next door and looked at the cars at the Tesla showroom

ok @edwardaneal that was a little spooky. We have an Apple store next to a Tesla dealer at an outdoor shopping area called Avalon. For a second thought you were just down the road from me.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• The last “solid” Windows OS was ‘98. Since then they all just waste my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Back when Windows 98 came out, I supervised our computer systems as a side job to my intelligence Analyst duties. I, too, liked Win98. I also felt that Windows 7 and 10 were pretty good, too, but by that point I wasn't in a situation where I was responsible for anything beyond our family computers. One of the things I like about Windows 10 is its frequent, automatic updating, but that can sometimes cause problems in business situations like @rabtech has to deal with.

• ok @edwardaneal that was a little spooky. We have an Apple store next to a Tesla dealer at an outdoor shopping area called Avalon. For a second thought you were just down the road from me.

Our Apple store is on a corner on El Paseo rd in Palm Desert - it is a high end shopping street that some like to compare to Rodeo drive in Beverly Hills - the Tesla showroom is just a cross the street in the next block - - it was actually kind of fun to kill time there sat in the Tesla SUV and the sales guy spent about 30 minutes demoing the navigation system and showing me how it will map out a route to just about any place you could want to go so that you can hit their system of super charging stations as you go. Apparently if you buy the model S and I think the SUV free lifetime charging at their super stations is included in the deal -

• According to several articles I've since read, MS is going to abandon their attempts to scare people into using the Edge browser.

Brings to mind a song from my youth,
    “ That’ll be the day when I die.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter