I have to rant.... Backing into parking spots. Two trys then give up.

• What I want to know though... Why is this in the 3s da life section? laugh-squared

That's my rant! clown-squared

That's a very good question... I have no idea and didn't even notice until you mentioned it... ??....ust have swiped something on my phone wrong when I posted?

@rabtech is there anyway to move this to the appropriate thread location?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• What's your hurry? Too many folks are always in such a hurry these days! Two pages so far dickering about backing into a parking space, really? Isn't that the reason that back-up cameras are required on modern vehicles, (before back-up cameras we always parked forward, didn't we?), otherwise, backup cameras really have no good purpose, do they?? ?(

(Besides, it really saves wear and tear on our front spoiler! ^^ )

Bill

• It was mandatory where I last worked. Sometimes I still do, sometimes I don't. If there's someone behind me in a hurry I'll do it for sure just to piss them off! jk jk If it took 5 tries I believe I'd have given up and found a bigger spot. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• What I want to know though... Why is this in the 3s da life section? laugh-squared

That's my rant! clown-squared

That's a very good question... I have no idea and didn't even notice until you mentioned it... ??....ust have swiped something on my phone wrong when I posted?

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Ok... I renamed the thread only because my rant was not well received. I was not arguing the merit of backing in or that if your job mandates it. Rather that if you do not have the skill set to do it in two or less trys than move on. Busy parking lots and areas should flow.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• That's a very good question... I have no idea and didn't even notice until you mentioned it... ??....ust have swiped something on my phone wrong when I posted?

What,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and pass up a good opportunity to aggravate @StickerDick????? Who you kidding! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• it's not cool and I don't even know how it happened. Very sorry @StickerDick.

Oh, I know you didn't do it on purpose. That makes it more fun! LOL

On the more serious side, he can and is welcome to clean all this up and get his section back on track. I don't think anyone would get their feelings hurt.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The drama continues...

From this morning's email:

September 18, 2018

Motorists on the University of Arkansas campus are no longer required to pull head-in to a parking space as before, except in angled parking spaces.

In its meeting on Friday, Sept. 14, the Transit, Parking, and Traffic Committee reversed an earlier decision that had prevented motorists from backing in to a parking space or from pulling all the way through a space so that the front of the vehicle faced outward.

This requirement was originally put in place to prepare the campus for technology that could monitor parking areas by scanning license plates. Since Arkansas only requires a plate on the rear of the vehicle, all vehicles on campus were required to park so that the rear plate was exposed.

For now, however, the technology will not be used, so the head-in parking requirement is not necessary. Again, this does not apply to areas in which there is angled parking. Motorists must still pull in to those spaces.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Everyone has pet peeves when it comes to "other" drivers. Rolling through stop signs, slow pokes in the left lane, formation flyers that will stay in your blind spot no matter how much you vary your speed, chronic lane swappers, speeders, no turn signals, the driver with the "save the whales" sticker on her Hummer bumper while she idles for an hour waiting on the school line, etc (ad nauseum). The backing in one is pretty mellow in comparison to most. I know the concern is more with ability but one interesting side note is that we used to actually train professional drivers that it was preferred to back in. Reason was that as you're driving up to a spot you have a good handle on what's going on around you and see that the area is clear. Conversely, having to back out, lots can happen behind you that you may not see in the time it takes to open door, belt in, start up and hit reverse.