Neutrino Fuse Block Install Help

• Hello guys and gals,

I'm in need of your expertise on installing a neutrino fuse block in my 2016 Base. I just got the whole kit today along with the harness, and I was about to install it, but I got stuck. Those who have done the install or electrical savvy, please help :)

1. After I removed the battery panel, I was looking for a "convenient hole" by the seat belt area in the driver's seat that the guy from slingmods was talking about when he installed the other type of fuse box in a different video, but I don't see any hole. I looked underneath, and all I could find are plastic panels.

2. What came in the harness kit only consists of 7 feet red thick cable, 5 feet yellow thin cable, few zip ties, and wire looms. I'm thinking that one end of red thick cable go to the battery (not sure if this is on positive or negative, i know i'm this noob when it comes to electrical so bear with me), if only i could find that hole, or do i drill thru? Then, where does the yellow thin cable connects to?

Thanks guys!

• You will need to drill a small hole thru the rear panel down near the floor and to the left of the drivers seat.

Red wire to Positive on battery

Black wire to negative on battery

The yellow wire is for ignition circuit. You can You the cig lighter plug in the glove box to connect the yellow wire to.

• No need to drill... in fact, you’re better off not drilling as there’s plenty room to slide the wire to the battery. If your sitting in the drivers seat, run the wire down the left frame tube out underneath the rear of the sling. You can’t miss the exit out as the opening is about 1/4” wide.

In the photo: the black wire (which is 4AWG thick) slides right through the opening with ease... follow THAT tube. :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• No need to drill... in fact, you’re better off not drilling as there’s plenty room to slide the wire to the battery. If your sitting in the drivers seat, run the wire down the left frame tube out underneath the rear of the sling. You can’t miss the exit out as the opening is about 1/4” wide.

In the photo: the black wire (which is 4AWG thick) slides right through the opening with ease... follow THAT tube. :thumbup:

I hope you have that distribution block wrapped with something?!

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• thanks for all the advice guys! I will try to follow the tube again when I get home today. As far as running that red wire to the battery, and tapping the yellow wire to the cigarette lighter cable, that’s pretty much into it, right?

The other end of the cables goes to the neutrino boxes? Where did you guys mount yours?

• Black wire??

Mine didn’t came with black wire. It’s just red wire and yellow wire. that’s it. Unless you’re talking about the other fuse harness?

• I just installed mine two weeks ago. I put it in the protected fender area (left side) just under/in front of the stock fuse box. I used industrial strength velcro.

So far I seem to be the only person in the world having an issue with the Neutrino. The yellow wire as you know must be tapped into an ignition-triggered wire. The most convenient is the wire coming out of the 12volt plug inside the glove box. But that wire seems to be having issues (for me), and the Neutrino sometimes can't tell when the ignition has been turned on or off. Tech support asked me to move it to another wire.

I haven't had the time yet but probably Friday night I will find another wire. I am told my best bet is to look at the stock fuse box, find the fuse for the radio or tail light, look underneath for the corresponding wire, and tap into that. That will take some contortions but what else is new with Sling mods!

As for the rest of the install, I ran the wires (from the separate wiring harness I purchased) inside the left side existing hole into the cockpit, behind the speakers, out the bottom along the cockpit, then out the existing hole into the battery area. Was easy.

The Neutrino is amazing and does so much. I have it set to incrementally crank up my heated gear according to temperature drop. That's going to be handy this weekend for our mountains ride.

• thanks @studiopeg! That’s also one of the reason why i bought cuz i heard so much good things about it. Only problem is I got excited and bought it, come to find out there’s no actual full installation video in slingmods.

I sent slingmods an email about it, if they can help me what cable to connect to what. All they told me is that they recommend to get it professionally installed... bummer.

• thanks @studiopeg! That’s also one of the reason why i bought cuz i heard so much good things about it. Only problem is I got excited and bought it, come to find out there’s no actual full installation video in slingmods.
    I sent slingmods an email about it, if they can help me what cable to connect to what. All they told me is that they recommend to get it professionally installed... bummer.

I'm a mid-50s woman and if I can do it, ya don't need a professional!

• Put factory looking black wire loom on the wires before you run them along the frame rail to the battery.

I’ve used this many times to run wires....either push it through a tight spot and grab the wire or use it to push a string to pull the wire the other way...
    I ran my wires right along the floor on the left side of the drivers seat. Then up and out under the driver side rear hood latch.

I had to push the grab tools toward the battery from behind the seat....right along the frame....very hard to do from the battery side.

• thanks for all the advice guys! I will try to follow the tube again when I get home today. As far as running that red wire to the battery, and tapping the yellow wire to the cigarette lighter cable, that’s pretty much into it, right?

The other end of the cables goes to the neutrino boxes? Where did you guys mount yours?

You also need to ground the unit to the frame.

*I did mine here I believe...

This is what mine looks like installed.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• @studiopeg your not the only one with issues I just haven't got around to checking into mine. Mine for whatever reason has a difficult time occasionally connecting to my phone. As in all the lights still work I just can't get it to connect to control them, usually when I've been pulled over for lighting.

Also have an issue with the programming as far as getting the lights to turn on at dusk. I followed all the steps and it all looks right but that might just be user error either way.

Regardless. The issues for me have been very minimal and when it does work right I love it, the control and features are awesome. Definitely outweighs the issues I've had so far.

• Reaper part of my issue was a bad Bluetooth dongle. Wouldn’t connect quite a bit. I would have to open the hood, pull it out, then put it back in. Neutrino sent me a new one. Give that a try they have great customer service.