Neutrino Fuse Block Install Help

• thanks to you all guys! I finally found the “hole.” :evil:

i wrapped the red wire with red looms and ran it thru, and i also did the same thing with the yellow wire, then tapped it using the grey cable from the cigarette lighter.

Now, time to plug it in to the neutrino black box. There’s several cable coming from it. Which one goes to what and what’s not to use?

1. Red cable w/terminal ->
    2. Black cable w/terminal ->
    3. Black USB cable?
    4. Yellow thin cable ->
    5. Grey thin cable ->
    6. Short red cable?
    7. phone line?

• I ran the thermometer (Black (gray) with tiny ball at the end) up my mirror bracket. Needs to be exposed to open air for temperature control.

Red with terminal to battery
    Black with terminal to ground
    Yellow to glove box cigarette lighter hot wire
    Red with cap is for trickle battery charger
    Black with USB plug is phone communication dongle..just lays there ...dongle needs to be inserted in USB end.

I velcroed mine in a water proof box. I made the holes and inserted the grommets.

• thanks @Bigdog! I got everything else connected except one. I know i didn’t ran the red wire incorrect, but how does this two connect? Do I need to remove the terminal on this so i can use it just like the one in the yellow cable?

• The red hot wire needs to go to the battery....or a constantly hot connection....not one that goes on and off with the key...

Did you get the extension wire kit with the big long red wire for the battery run?

yes, i got the harness kit.that big long red wire is already routed to that tube. The other end of it is already by the battery area ready to connect.
    The other end of that long red wire is the one I’m holding in the picture with the brown tube looking thing. Keep in mind that the red cable with terminal is coming from the neutrino black box.

Notice the black wire loom on both end. Did you get the wire kit as well?

• Yep, not all perks are pretty...
    That's a messy oil filter to change!

Back to Neutrino Fuse Block discussion...

Not sure bout hers but mine is in about the same location and I just take the screw out of the mount, pick the whole thing up and lay it on it's side over a drain pan, take the old filter off, spin the new one on, place it back where it came from. No mess at all.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I got the wire kit but didn’t use it...if you look at my pictures I ran a 4 gauge wire from the battery to my new electronics tray for my neutrino. I got tired of running multiple wires to the battery. So I installed a hot and ground terminal block there as well. All of my future battery connections will happen at my terminal block.

I just used the neutrino hot wire just the way it came. Let me look for that kit to see exactly what we’re talking about... give me a few minutes.

• I got the wire kit but didn’t use it...if you look at my pictures I ran a 4 gauge wire from the battery to my new electronics tray for my neutrino. I got tired of running multiple wires to the battery. So I installed a hot and ground terminal block there as well. All of my future battery connections will happen at my terminal block.

I just used the neutrino hot wire just the way it came. Let me look for that kit to see exactly what we’re talking about... give me a few minutes.

That’s actually pretty neat idea. I think I might just start to do the same thing if I can’t use this kit. If you have the harness kit, what made you not to use it?

I just thought I’d buy the black box along with the harness kit for “easier” install. A little DIY that i can follow thru, but it didn’t work out like that, although, I like the pre cut cables but it’s pointless to keep selling these kits if they don’t have step by step guide on how to install it.

Meanwhile, they have videos on how to apply graphics kit that doesn’t need an instructional videos. it’s self explanatory..

this kit on the other hand.. is NOT.

But I do appreciate all your help guys!! @Bigdog @studiopeg Without all your support, i would have asked for a refund by now.

• ok, you will have to cut off the terminal on the red neutrino wire to get it connected to the battery run. Looks like you will need to strip the wire about 1/4-1/2” don’t twist the end just stick it straight in and screw down the cap and the wire will spread out around the metal cone for connection..

I’ve had the neutrino a while and the idea to run a fat wire from the battery to under the hood has been there for a while....if you see my pictures I put my new electronics tray on top of the place where the old exhaust system was located. I had to switch my exhaust to the welter duel exhaust to get rid of the pot belly stove.... so my electronics wouldn’t melt. I got the welter last year and installed it this spring...

I plan on using my neutrino to control my 4 piece heated riding gear...individually.

• ok, you will have to cut off the terminal on the red neutrino wire to get it connected to the battery run. Looks like you will need to strip the wire about 1/4-1/2” don’t twist the end just stick it straight in and screw down the cap and the wire will spread out around the metal cone for connection..

I’ve had the neutrino a while and the idea to run a fat wire from the battery to under the hood has been there for a while....if you see my pictures I put my new electronics tray on top of the place where the old exhaust system was located. I had to switch my exhaust to the welter duel exhaust to get rid of the pot belly stove.... so my electronics wouldn’t melt. I got the welter last year and installed it this spring...

I plan on using my neutrino to control my 4 piece heated riding gear...individually.

thanks @Bigdog I knew i’m not going crazy over here... :D I’m going to remove that terminal and get all of this connected! I can’t thank you enough. Once I got it all to work, I’ll make a video for the whole install so nobody has to go thru this hassle again.

• Not sure bout hers but mine is in about the same location and I just take the screw out of the mount, pick the whole thing up and lay it on it's side over a drain pan, take the old filter off, spin the new one on, place it back where it came from. No mess at all.

I found just leaving the drain plug out for about 20-30mins and backing out the filter a half-turn, relieves most the oil in the housing and lines (not really a lot of oil remaining that a paper towel can’t soak up).

No muss, no fuss! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• LOL @Ghost ~> even have an old pic of the remaining oil. Not even a full paper towel! :thumbsup:

Lookin good as usual!

Mine is mounted with that screw that is behind your arm in the picture. It sits a little higher than yours does and even rubs the bottom of the hood just a little. It'll never stay on there long enough for that to be a problem so I haven't moved it.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• i finally got it all hooked up, but i had to take a call it for the day. Removing the terminal from the battery is a PITA.

Whoever decided to put it there need to get kick in the nuts!

As soon as everything is connected, I turned on the SS, and neutrino box is alive! I didn’t get to hook up any led lights on it, but that’s on my radar tomorrow. I can’t feel my back anymore. I feel like I was doing yoga trying to put it all together.

I'm 27 feeling like 72 afterwards... ;(

This is a temporary setup for now.. Still want to clean up the cabling and possibly get a waterproof box like @Bigdog did.

When i was cleaning up, I found my chaser LED lights.. should be fun to try it out tomorrow. I'm guessing red wire of any led lights go to any circuit number, and the black goes to ground, which is on both ends?

I don't know why it came with 2 sticky thing.. any ideas?