Hard to believe it’s been 17 yrs.

• It’s hard to believe it’s been 17 years since the cowardly attacks on innocent people. I will never forget that day as long as I live. Rest In Peace to all the victims. Thanks for all the sacrifice from the first responders.

• I too, remember it clearly. We only had one computer tied to the internet in my office, and we were watching it unfold from that. I remember how strange it was for the next few days, with no airplanes flying (other than a few military fighter jets in my area). It was different in my little town that afternoon when I got home. People were standing outside and talking in groups.

Three days later, Sharon and I closed on the house we live in today. It was a scary time, as we didn't have our other home on the market yet. Two homes, both with mortgages, in very uncertain times. We took a leap of faith and it all worked out.

• I was working for Morgan Stanley at the time. We had 10 floors of employees in one of the buildings, many of whom I interacted with daily. One woman on the bond floor told me she saw the silhouette of the pilot as he leveled the plane and struck directly above her. Had he not leveled, the wing would have struck her floor. Our office was directly across from the Portland International Airport on the Columbia River, and the silence the next few days was extremely disturbing. You would never expect to be so affected by something that's not there. The world changed that day and I still wish it had not happened.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Tears shed, watching the Remembrance Ceremony today, as it happens every year for me. With a prayer said for all the heroes of that day, all the heroes who have suffered agonizing medical conditions from exposure, the heroes on Flight 93...... and prayers that this nation can somehow overcome the hatred and division- at least for one day- as we did as a nation, 17 years ago.

• Just the other day I was thinking of how much everything changed that day.

"terror attack" "terrorism"

before that day in all of my life I dont think these were words or thoughts ever really crossed my mind - yet today they are common, the first question every time some nut does something - - was it terrorism? was it terror related?

The world changed that day and it will never be the same

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was on my way back from Europe, had an "emergency" landing in Nova Scotia and stayed parked for 5 hrs. on runway, then went to a church for two days and slept in the basement. After that I rented a car an drove home (30 hrs. , we barely had any TV reception (old antena).

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• My shirt of choice today

• 911 is one of the main reasons I left Long Island. Within hours of the attack the entire island was isolated.
    Could not get thru any tunnel or bridge even boat traffic was being diverted. it was spooky quiet. I realized just how vulnerable such a highly populated area was.
    I lived in a town were many NYC Police / Fire and Rescue workers lived we went to funerals for over a month. This town had one of the largest High Schools in the state and almost every one of the 3900 students was impacted. Lost a lot of friends and neighbors. A Day I will never forget!
    I have a port authority 911 commemorative flag that was given to me by an NYC Fireman - It has hung in my shop every day since I got it.

I am in the city very at least twice a month for work - believe it or not most of the people who live there have forgotten it ever happened. That place is a world unto itself

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• 911 is one of the main reasons I left Long Island. Within hours of the attack the entire island was isolated.
    Could not get thru any tunnel or bridge even boat traffic was being diverted. it was spooky quiet. I realized just how vulnerable such a highly populated area was.
    I lived in a town were many NYC Police / Fire and Rescue workers lived we went to funerals for over a month. This town had one of the largest High Schools in the state and almost every one of the 3900 students was impacted. Lost a lot of friends and neighbors. A Day I will never forget!
    I have a port authority 911 commemorative flag that was given to me by an NYC Fireman - It has hung in my shop every day since I got it.

I am in the city very at least twice a month for work - believe it or not most of the people who live there have forgotten it ever happened. That place is a world unto itself

When 911 happened and I started thinking about the potential for future terror attacks I found another reason for loving where I live. Out here in the desert we are away from most things that are likely to be targeted and shielded by mountains from most potential fallout

• In the late 1990s, the organization I worked for became part of the US Army Land Information Warfare Activity which later became the US Army 1st Information Operations Command (I can't remember when the name changed). The room I worked in had a large projection screen system consisting of 12 TV screens configured as 3 four-screen displays with one of the displays usually kept on CNN. On the morning of Sept 11, 2001, we were wrapping up our daily Intelligence/Operations Status briefing with the basic assessment that things were pretty much normal, so it was an unreal experience to see the news channel showing planes crashing into one of the WTC buildings and later, the Pentagon. My Wife's organization (part of the US Army Intelligence and Security Command) was scheduled to have already moved into the section of the Pentagon that was hit by the one of the planes, but her group hadn't yet moved because IT was still setting up the PCs and networks she used. Initially, we were pretty much stunned as people tried to figure out what had just happened, but by a little after Noon, it was decided we would be working 12 hr shifts for the foreseeable future.
    We quickly started setting up Intelligence support teams for our forces in Afghanistan (and later Iraq) and started providing Area orientation training to units who would be deployed to the Mid-East as well as providing Intelligence Support teams composed of soldiers and civilians assigned to our organization. I was tasked with surveying public opinion in different countries, primarily located in North Africa, the Middle East and across to Indonesia and the Philippines, with heavy populations of Muslims, reacted to the US War on Terror. Professionally, the next few years were an interesting period for me, but I naturally would still have preferred 9-11 hadn't happened.