OK so who owns a........

• I've had this one on for a month or so now. The latches are a little neanderthal but they seem to work. Front of it vibrates a little traveling down the road but not bad enough to complain about. Airflow at speed with oem shield is purty good, no complaints there. Price sucks. I don't think anyone makes anything better.

Here's a slingmods pic...

• I have had my stinger top for 2.5 years.

The stinger top center support bar mounts below the rear cup holder. You essentially remove the cup holder and attach to the frame below. They offer a new cup holder to mount on the bar above the forward cup holder. I found the new cup holder troublesome for two reasons and have since removed it.

1. I seem to smash my elbow on it often when it was mounted.
    2. Since it is above the stock front cup holder, only short drinks will fit in the lower location, rendering it pretty useless. A typical water bottle and coffee mug were too hard to get in and out of that position.

The sliding roof top from twist dynamics is not a stinger top. It is a new release I saw at the Hill Country TX event and didn't really love it in person.

If you want specific photos of a stinger top, let me know.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• ...thanks , I had wanted to know what the center brace looks like and where does it mount to BUT on their website I see they have a new one with sliding panels , so I reach out them to see if they made a video with that one being used....

That is the stingray roof. It mounts of the top center of the dash, where your rear view mirror is mounted.

• That is the stingray roof. It mounts of the top center of the dash, where your rear view mirror is mounted.

Have never used a rear view mirror in any of our Slings.
    As to the Stingray roof though, I looked at it in Kerrville and in Maggie Valley. Really like the sliding canopies but I did not like the bar in the center. Also, I talked to one of the Slingshot Only guys who was riding in a group with us in Maggie. He told me there were still rattle issues and they were still working on the slide.

• Have never used a rear view mirror in any of our Slings.As to the Stingray roof though, I looked at it in Kerrville and in Maggie Valley. Really like the sliding canopies but I did not like the bar in the center. Also, I talked to one of the Slingshot Only guys who was riding in a group with us in Maggie. He told me there were still rattle issues and they were still working on the slide.

......thanks for the 411.....for $2600 I dont want to hear any rattle noise & don't mind the bar in the middle when you consider the whole unit and it doesn't affect your current cup holders, also providing cabin light and I can mount a front facing LED spotlight ......I need real world feed back, thats why I asked.......I love the concept but hopefully they work out the kinks soon......mod season is beginning soon for us up here in the North east

• the question you got to ask your self is what trade off do I want?

1 less cup holder and an unimpeded view or two cup holders and stare at a fixed object taking away from the intent of the SS even more?

Don't listen to all the canvas top owners who say they get used to the new A pillars they installed courtesy of their tops. :D

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• the question you got to ask your self is what trade off do I want?

1 less cup holder and an unimpeded view or two cup holders and stare at a fixed object taking away from the intent of the SS even more?

Don't listen to all the canvas top owners who say they get used to the new A pillars they installed courtesy of their tops. :D

one thing to keep in mind - - if you are accustomed to lubing the u-joint by removing the cup holders with the stinger top you will no longer be able to do this. once the top is installed to the frame through the cup holder hole you will have to lube the u-joint from underneath the slingshot. not a big deal if you have a lift or have the shop do your oil changes, but it could matter if you like doing the oil and lube at home without a lift

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Actually they mount another cup holder to the bar so you don’t even loose that.

See above. I mention this but had problems with mine and don’t use it.

• Yep, us canvas top boys have it rough...

Higher visibilty.
    Good shade from 10am to 2pm.
    Cup holders.
    Windwings on the 'A' pillar.
    Cabin entry and exit assist.
    LEO's that think we are rockin' roll cages.
    A top we can roll up and throw behind the seats.
    Camera mount options everywhere.
    Cargo carry options.
    Mirror mount options.
    Speaker pod mount options.
    Light mount options.
    Visor mount options.

Not to mention good looks and money!

Yep, canvas tops and pick-up trucks are not for everybody. Ask me what I can do with my truck... :D

As to the original intent of the SS, a three wheeled motorcycle. The production model we all drive is but one of the body styles considered and prototyped.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• well MadMoe - if you are looking for the best price just get the MeanSling top and be done with it :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies