OK so who owns a........

• Problem with the canvas top is by the time you mod it out to make it useful you got enough money into it to have bought the better hard top.

I LOL'd..... :00008356:
    You a funny lil guy aren't cha fella...
    Actually.... the canvas top provides the most functionality for US over other tops, and came straight out the box fully modified to "useful".

Its kinda like speedos or swimming caps... they are useful to pro swimmers, though I wouldnt be caught dead wearing either one.

Let's make your statement factual and informative :

"Problem with the canvas top is by the time I mod it out to make it useful I got enough money into it to have bought the better hard top."

... are you and bigdog friends? Neighbors? Or family?

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I think it is great there are so many choices in the tops offered. we are all different and we all like different things and this gives us choices.

For me I bought my slingshot for its openness, as such I haven't bought a top yet - I have thought about it especially when I am sitting at a light and it is 121 degrees, but I haven't made the plunge yet and I am not sure if I ever will. One thing fore sure, if I do take the plunge, it will have to be something that is easily removable so that I can have my openness when I want it. There is a huge appeal in the bullet speed and twist canvas tops in that the canvas can be removed and stored behind the seat so that I have it with me if I want to put it back on - I really like this idea - would be the best option for longer trips. On the other hand if taking it with me is not important then I like the MeanSling top - it is probably the easiest to remove and the price is very attractive also with its slanted sides I suspect it would block the sun better than other tops

Anyway I am just glad we have so many options - I think choice is fantastic

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• now what I really need is a local top show room where I can go and sit in slingshots with all of the different tops, and test drive them and take them on an off - - then I would really know which one I should get :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I've owned both tops so I said what I did from experience with those tops. I know bigdog as well as I know you... so not much to comment on either of you. Like me your just words on a computer screen.

• now what I really need is a local top show room where I can go and sit in slingshots with all of the different tops, and test drive them and take them on an off - - then I would really know which one I should get :)

don't know how close you are to Eureka Springs, but that's probably the best option anytime in the near future.

• I started this thread over a year ago and still looking for anyone who OWNS a Sting Ray top as this winter will probably be when I get my top after enjoying 2 seasons without one.....

…...Just want to know from those who own it, does it rattle, how pleased or not pleased are you with it...…….

Right now my choices are between the Sting Ray & the Slingshade.....(But leaning towards the StingRay)

Thanks

• ......Heres another Question for anyone who owns the SLINGSHADE top and has the rear speaker pods behind the headrest , can you take a pic for me of the front & back of the speaker pods...….I see with the Slingshade that i wont be able to use my Meansling travel bags :cursing:, i like em even though I only used them once...but had intentions on using them much more.....

• following. Been looking hard at the Sting Ray top and really want to know more from those that own it.

Love it and glad i bought it, use it in the daytime & slide it back for the evenings...... opened & closed