Hurricane Florence

• Folks, I have been promoting all members mark your Map Location for your profile. I see we have 4 members in the path of Florence. I know there are more and this is a reason along with others to give us all a view of where you are. You don't have to mark your true location, just some place close to it. Now if you have not marked it, let's do so. Thanks, and good luck to all the members affected by Florence, hope you all come out safely and without damage.

• This storm is moving so slowly. The eastern side of NC and SC are going to see massive flooding. It’s relatively flat ground that was already saturated from summer storms.

In Charlotte area, we are now getting steady rains from the north western bands of the storm. Still saying 5”-8” expected.

Winds have calmed quite a bit. i have not had any power issues but many others have.

Planes are taking off from the airport so it’s not too bad here.

• N & S Carolinians got a huge break when this monster lost a lot of power before landfall which was a blessing. However, flooding is going to be ultra catastrophic over the next few days. Do not let your guard down anywhere you think it MIGHT flood in your wildest imagination - the moment you think your safe....your not !! Stay safe

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'm high enough to not worry about flooding. Main concern is potential loss of power.

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• N & S Carolinians got a huge break when this monster lost a lot of power before landfall which was a blessing. However, flooding is going to be ultra catastrophic over the next few days. Do not let your guard down anywhere you think it MIGHT flood in your wildest imagination - the moment you think your safe....your not !! Stay safe

Damn Bill... You should work for a news outlet... Such drama! :P

Like @dangerdarrell posted and @FunCycle mentioned... Ratings and hype...

• I see the looters have already started in N Carolina. These low life SOB’s should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Only reason I’m sayin that is cause they ain’t worth a good bullet. Careful of the 2 legged snakes !!!

• We relocated to my mother-in-laws house where there’s power and are all safe and sound... tomorrow the real rain comes. By Monday, this should all be behind us...

Good for you - I think I woulda took my chances with the storm before I went to my mother in law’s ;(

• Hmm... What was Ike? Wife and I rode that one out... It was pretty scary... We stayed in the closet of our 2nd floor, 2 bedroom apt at the time... Transformers blowing up everywhere...

Ike was a water event - if you wanted to really experience a hurricane - Rita was the wind event. If not for Katrina - Rita would have been the storm of the decade

• Good for you - I think I woulda took my chances with the storm before I went to my mother in law’s ;(

@Bill Martin don,t you know its no longer politically correct to tell Mother In Law jokes ? Oh well, here comes one anyway.

A lawyer out exploring one day comes across a magic lantern , gives it a rub and out pops a Genie .
    Your wish is my command , she says but due to economical tough times and cutbacks, you're now limited to only two wishes .
    Oh and while I'm on my power trip, as all of us Genies are female, and sick and tired of Mother In Law jokes, so under the guise of, promoting fairness in the workplace, and combatting gender discrimination, and whatever else our activist cam come up with, our Genie Union has unilaterally decided to impose the following two conditions.
    -Your monetary wishes are limited to one million dollars AND everything you get, your Mother In Law gets double !

So the old lawyer thought about it for a while , considered all the factors involved , including Family law in his State,
    and declared, Fine then , I,ll take one for the team, I wish for one million dollars and beat me half to death !

oohhhh Groaner I know , but kind of funny if you put it in the right context, Good Ole Boys outsmarting political activists.