Hurricane Florence

• It's the wind with the rain, the shallow root systems locally, and poor drainage due to clay based soil. Lots of standing water on the roads when it rains hard. Potential for ling loss of power. Not so worried about flooding, really.

I hope so Bro - you just can’t ever predict what a Cat 4 or 5 path of destruction will be. As mentioned earlier Camille hit east of New Orleans and cut a swath all the way thru Virginia causing whole valleys to flood. I know cause my aunt lived in Waynesboro, VA and they lost everything. All I’m sayin is you just never know what one of these major storms are going to bring far inland with it where you thought you would be safe. BE SAFE AND PREPARE NOW EVERYONE!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Keeping a close eye on this one @Bill Martin. I have a plan to get out if needed. Bug out bag with food, water and supplies is packed. Putting my Slingshot in my trailer Monday evening. If it looks like we are getting hit with a CAT 3 or higher I will be heading west to Clarksville, Va. with my Slingshot in tow.

• Keeping a close eye on this one @Bill Martin. I have a plan to get out if needed. Bug out bag with food, water and supplies is packed. Putting my Slingshot in my trailer Monday evening. If it looks like we are getting hit with a CAT 3 or higher I will be heading west to Clarksville, Va. with my Slingshot in tow.

You think Mitch is going to protect you?

Now we know what is important....

• Just for the record I got xtra bedrooms - fine Kentucky bourbon and cigars to any of you guys that get displaced by this storm if it hits. I need to pay it forward - @Spudinator put me and my bride up (in quite high fashion I might add) last year when we couldn’t get home due to Hurricane Harvey . Come on down - I’ll cook up a big seafood gumbo :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• How do you think I feel right about now? Relief that Florida appears to be safe from the hurricane, but we're flying back East Wednesday for my wife's Aunt's funeral. Flying right over the hurricane and a change of planes in Baltimore. This could be one week I'll never forget.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• How do you think I feel right about now? Relief that Florida appears to be safe from the hurricane, but we're flying back East Wednesday for my wife's Aunt's funeral. Flying right over the hurricane and a change of planes in Baltimore. This could be one week I'll never forget.

You will be ok on Wednesday. Not expected to make landfall until late in evening

• Just for the record I got xtra bedrooms - fine Kentucky bourbon and cigars to any of you guys that get displaced by this storm if it hits. I need to pay it forward - @Spudinator put me and my bride up (in quite high fashion I might add) last year when we couldn’t get home due to Hurricane Harvey . Come on down - Angie will cook up a big seafood gumbo :thumbsup:

Fixed it for ya. :P