Hurricane Florence

• To any of the Slingshot family if you live anywhere along the east coast:

COME UP WITH YOUR PLAN TODAY !!!!

I hope Florence turns north into open water still but tracking doesn’t appear so. Guys lemme tell you a Cat 4 ain’t no joke. I been thru 2 - Rita and Ike. For Ike, where my house is now, my property is bout 30 miles from the Gulf as the crow flies - it was under 3 feet of water and you could take a boat from there straight out into the ocean. For Rita - Oak trees bigger than you can get your arms around were snapped like twigs probably by the dozens of tornados that came in with the storm surge.

I don’t intend to panic anyone - just if you live within 50 miles from the coast and your going to be a direct hit (especially if your on the bad side of the storm) - have a plan to get the hell out!!! This storm can kill you!! Be safe my brothers !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• As a Camile survivor, gotta say I agree with this. My mother & aunt decided to stay home in south Florida and ride out Irma last year - worried us all to death.
    Get out of the danger zone and stay safe!

My dad took us through New Orleans area and on to Mississippi days after Camille. A Cat 4 is horrible but I believe Camille was a Cat 5. I was just a boy but I still remember the devastation like it was yesterday. Remember a story about a bunch of guys having a “Hurricane Party” in New Orleans —- they have never been seen or heard from since - I imagine swept back out to sea. Congrats for surviving one of the most powerful storms to ever hit the US mainland!!

• I was saying this at Roebling... Florence is going to be strengthening as it crosses over warmer water in the next 36hrs. Heck, it’s already taking the shape of a cyclone now.

Having lived through hurricane Andrew while huddled in the hallway of our house in Miami (destroying our home and almost killing us) ~> If Florence takes aim at Charlotte... I’M OUT!!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I was saying this at Roebling... Florence is going to be strengthening as it crosses over warmer water in the next 36hrs. Heck, it’s already taking the shape of a cyclone now.

Having lived through hurricane Andrew while huddled in the hallway of our house in Miami (destroying our home and almost killing us) ~> If Florence takes aim at Charlotte... I’M OUT!!

• K2 and I were just discussing this. We aren't even close to the coast, but this area ain't designed to take a hit. I was pierside Pascagoula, MS for Katrina. Mama dont play that shit game anymore.

if you need to bug out you and the kids can come here - just let me know what cookie making supplies to pick up!!!!!

• K2 and I were just discussing this. We aren't even close to the coast, but this area ain't designed to take a hit. I was pierside Pascagoula, MS for Katrina. Mama dont play that shit game anymore.

You guys are far enough away wind should not be an issue but major flooding and tornados is always possible. Let’s just keep praying this bitch turns north into open water!!

• Yes @Bill Martin, I have had the wonderful experience of Heather’s cookies that she baked for us at the luncheon at their home. The biggest problem was that a certain ss rider was in the way. Not mentioning any names but @Ross was there! I guess that is why he wants cookie supplies! What say you!

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• You guys are far enough away wind should not be an issue but major flooding and tornados is always possible. Let’s just keep praying this bitch turns north into open water!!

It's the wind with the rain, the shallow root systems locally, and poor drainage due to clay based soil. Lots of standing water on the roads when it rains hard. Potential for ling loss of power. Not so worried about flooding, really.

• Yes @Bill Martin, I have had the wonderful experience of Heather’s cookies that she baked for us at the luncheon at their home. The biggest problem was that a certain ss rider was in the way. Not mentioning any names but @Ross was there! I guess that is why he wants cookie supplies! What say you!

JUST SAYIN

that isn't true - I was behind you in line .... I just filled my pockets with what you didn't want/take