Cannot recommend NavAtlas DXU1100DVR

• The NavAtlas DXU1100DVR is a very expensive item for the slingshot (or any side by side). I liked it because it had two cameras with it. I cannot recommend it as after only 2.5 months the touch screen no longer works. It was a 6-hour job putting it in and in order to get another sent out to me, I have to pull it out. That's going to be a huge labor bill plus the labor to put the replacement back in.

I think I will take the damn loss and find another receiver to put in. If anyone can recommend something reliable let me know.

Anyone else have all the rotten luck I have had??? Almost every mod has had a problem.

• Sorry about you bad luck. I have been using a Kenwood Head unit out for almost 3 years. It's not waterproof, I don't have a cover on it, I don't put seran wrap on it when I go through the rain...it has lasted just fine, the touch screen is spot on...and best of all...only set me back about $115.

As far as almost every mod being a problem...I won't go that far...but I will say that it seems like 1 mod will almost force me to do another mod to make sure that I am happy with the previous mod. It's an ugly cycle.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• As far as every mod being a problem I would have to say that thanks to the information I have received from my friends here I have been happy with every mod.

I have enjoined the advantage of having others try these things out before I have taken the plunge on any of my mods :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well it may be doable. I got a picture of the back of the NavAtlas. Other than the USB and HDMI, everything else seems to disconnect fairly close to the radio. I really don't think I could trust another one though... how many months down the road will I do this again?

• Hmmm, I know of someone else here who got one, and it didn't work right out of the box. I've got a White Mountains ride I am leading next weekend, so I can't do this right now anyway as I need it for navigation.

But I am going to think hard about if I really want to go through all the hassle of replacing it with the same thing... I just have the feeling that in 6 months I'm going to be doing it again.