New radio back up cam

• ok all i bought a new radio has back up cam capabilities i get it all hooked up and no back up cam. Messed with it for 4 days well the radio has dvd player and come to find out with the help from this forum the dvd player wire that has to be hooked to Ebrake just has to be grounded. So now dvd player, backup cam and the back up cam with a push of a button works as rear view mirror.

• I currently have a round Planet Audio radio that mounts in a 3" hole and have my XC2410 amp mounted behind it in the infotainment cubby area.

Some of the newer MP5 radio units are only around 2.5" deep making it easy to install with an amp behind them. Most units labeled as MP5 lack a CD/DVD drive and are therefore shallower than units with a disc drive. Here are some units I've been thinking about trying - B079KZP458 (includes camera) or B079KZP458 (includes camera). Both of these units should probably be installed using some kind of waterproof/protective cover.

If you also have an amp mounted inside the cubby area and are concerned about clearance issues, the Sony XAV-AX100 may fit since it is essentially a single DIN unit attached to the top of a Double DIN display. Althouhg Sony doesn't advertise it as a marine radio, it is wisely considered to be water-resistant. Search YouTube for XAV-AX100.

Some marine units that have a video-in display capability may prove to be awkward to use since they may require an all-too-easily-lost remote control to access the various functions. I originally bought a Lanzar AQR8-series (can't remember the specific model number), but got rid of it for the Planet Audio PGR35B marine radio since it allows access to all setup/functions w/o a remote control. I like the PA unit, but miss the more advanced display capabilities offered in the Lanzar unit. I'll need to relocate my Digital Voltmeter and my AFR/Boost gauge, but I may try something new.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().