Neutrino problems - need a fresh wire to tap into...

• My Neutrino Aurora is having issues (what else is new with me?)

It's currently tapped into the glovebox 12-volt plug wire.

For troubleshooting, I need to pick another ignition-on wire. Suggestions?

Thanks as always :)

• You could try a fuse tap for a temporary connection. I wouldn't recommend it for a permanent connection.

Make sure you put the tap on the down stream (load) side of the fuse so the wire you are connecting will be protected by that fuse.

If you put it on the other side and it shorts out then it could see the full potential of battery current or what ever size fuse is supplying voltage to that circuit in the fuse box.

Hope this helps and was/is not confusing.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Thanks Ghost... not sure if this is what I need.

The Neutrino circuits are not shutting off when they should and we think it's tied to a poor connection to the 12-volt wire. Want another one to try.

• Headlight, tail light, infotainment ???

Crimped taps should be checked for good solid metal to bare wire contact and compression of wiring....... Don't assume that all crimps from manufacture were installed correctly.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Thanks.... moved the tap elsewhere and all tests so far have success. So far it's looking like the dealership didn't get the posi tap in there good. At least I'm getting an electrical education on all this.

• Thanks.... moved the tap elsewhere and all tests so far have success. So far it's looking like the dealership didn't get the posi tap in there good. At least I'm getting giving all ya'll an electrical education on all this.

There, I fixed it for ya!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868