ethanol fuel (E10 or E15) usage with forced induction?

• Do you run ethanol fuel 10

1. Run either makes no difference to me (4) 40%
    2. No, ethanol ever (3) 30%
    3. NO choice available. I have to use E10 Premium gas (3) 30%
    4. Yes, only ethanol (0) 0%

I'm curious how many people run Ethanol fuel (E10 or E`) in their forced induction sling?

Have you noticed a difference in performance power, fuel economy etc?

I'm curious if anybody had done a dyno comparison between ethanol and non ethanol gasoline?

Thanks

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

Edited once, last by Casey_SS ().

• @Casey_SS you might want to ask Kyle at zzp, I know in most all of their Ecotec and other high performance builds and many records they,re involved with , including their own Cobalt current 1/2 mile world record of 173 mph they run E85 or a blend of it and have oodles of dyno reports showing how the fuel performs in turbocharged versions. I will let Kyle tell you if he wishes, exactly what blend of E85 and others he uses in his Slingshot ,BUT YES IT IS A BLEND and remember that turbo in his slingshot was the first to set the 131.12 mph record in it then, a stock slingshot on only 9.5 lbs boost and with that same turbo and his now built 2.4 and an Ethanol blend he was the first to set a 141.55 world record with 15 lbs boost before Rab cranked her up to almost 20lbs and set the current record of 143.45 without ethanol at Indy airpark a couple weeks ago . But in answer to your question yes, kyle has plenty of dyno experience and knowledge of running an Ethanol blend in his Slingshot.

• I wish the poll had an option to select "NO choice available. I have to use E10 Premium gas."

I am unaware of any stations offering alcohol-free gasoline near my home or along the routes I normally drive, so I end up using 93 octane E10 fuel.

Now it's time for my rant.
    The EPA, seemingly acting at behest of the corn alcohol lobby, continues to push for the introduction of E15 fuel. For reasons of economy, the EPA seems to be reluctant to require E15 be sold thru specialized pumps as is E85. This means the same pump hose might contain pure gasoline, E10 or E15. This means vehicles with smaller capacity gas tanks may inadvertently end up with a large amount of E15 fuel from the hose mixing with their gas, possibly resulting in a higher blend ratio for which their engine may not be approved and may result in engine damage.
    The American Motorcyclist Association (American Motorcyclist Association > Home) has played a strong role in trying to prevent unintended consequences associated with E15. Here's more info on E15 from them - Search Results
    I recommend all motorcyclists and motorsports enthusiasts support the AMA's anti-E15 efforts. End of rant.

• Your poll selection has been added

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• Where you really run into a problem with that is with the small gas tanks. Even for the lawn mower or weed eater I fill up the car/SS first before I fill the 5 gallon can and I do not use anything but 93 non eth.

• In California virtually all gas contains 10% ethanol - We also seem to only get 91 octane for our top grade for some reason I dont know

Actually I do know the reason - our State government sucks!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In California virtually all gas contains 10% ethanol - We also seem to only get 91 octane for our top grade for some reason I dont know

Actually I do know the reason - our State government sucks!

Colorado is turning in to California light. We can get 93 in some places, but 91 is the highest at more places. They say the octane doesn't need to be as high due to the altitude. Now if people from Cali would stop moving here...we might go back to being normal.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Where you really run into a problem with that is with the small gas tanks. Even for the lawn mower or weed eater I fill up the car/SS first before I fill the 5 gallon can and I do not use anything but 93 non eth.

Actually, that's a great solution. I wish I had thought of that. :D I haven't experienced any problems yet, but E15 isn't seen in my area as far as I'm aware. The AMA is concerned about the long-term negative impact of using E15 in engines not designed or approved for it.