Help neede coded P16AF 5v sensor supply B output grounded

• Forum memebers any assistance is appreciated. Trying to help a sling buddy solve this issue so he can ride again.

Here are the symptoms of the issue. When he hits a bump he looses throttle. The engine still runs but can’t give gas. The dealer refuses to put his hands on the machine because he has mods.

I’m thinking it has to be a short in one of the 5v sensors in the harness. Big question which one

• Forum memebers any assistance is appreciated. Trying to help a sling buddy solve this issue so he can ride again.

Here are the symptoms of the issue. When he hits a bump he looses throttle. The engine still runs but can’t give gas. The dealer refuses to put his hands on the machine because he has mods.

I’m thinking it has to be a short in one of the 5v sensors in the harness. Big question which one

If you cannot figure it out clear the codes and trade it in, back to Polaris. Yea, I fixed it.

• find a different dealer because that's a load of crap .... what year, what mods, what happened just before experiencing the issue whether mods or messing around

What has been tried so far .... disconnect ecu, battery etc.

This is code 65621

• @Ross
    It’s a 2016.

Polaris told the dealer it could be the Crank Shaft sensor the dealer did not want to replace it so he ordered it and I replaced that. Did not fix the issue.

We disconnected the battery.

This issue just started out of the blue. He has a lot of audio work (lots of wires) that was done a few years back.

• I'm out of things to try other than finding a good dealer.

That is the code started it all and it still exists?Then Polaris provided a possible solution that was done but now that didn't work so the dealer is giving up rather than going back to Polaris?

• @Ross I see the dealer side in this case, this appears to be an electrical issue and trust me this Slingshot has a lots of wires. The dealer does not want to touch it with 10ft pole with fear that they will run into issue with the aftermarket work.

I think this will come down chasing wires down the harness and see which one is shorting.

As far as Polaris goes they wanted pics of the sling when they saw it they said so long.