HERE WE GO AGAIN - another mass shooting !!

• Prayers to the folks in Jacksonville - I’m gettin really tired of saying this. For cryin out loud what is wrong with people anymore ??? I don’t know what we are gonna do but these nuts are doing more to harm the 2nd Amendment more than any liberal can. I just bought my first CCW as crime is on the rise here in coonass land and it’s a shame we have to be armed to go to a family oriented place in case another nut starts shooting. It angers me to think that you can’t just mind your own business anymore - you could be forced to kill somebody because of a nut starts shooting people. I know many times the good guy struggles for many years after the shooting with guilt and remorse which is an absolute travesty. I’m sure the gun control folks will be on their soapbox before today is out - which isn’t going to help at all. The only good thing I can say about this so far is my bride told me our beloved @StickerDick and his family are all fine. I just hope the body count is small this time - at least the shooter has gone to the great beyond and kudos to whomever sent him there!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I was just in Jacksonville this past week!!! Just flew back this past Thursday. WTF is right!!! Don't know the full story, yet. Doesn't matter, though. Another nut with a gun, just looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Just sitting here shaking my head. I'm a licensed gun owner, and I have never had the notion to take someone away from their loved ones...unless my life or the life of one of my loved ones was in danger, or to protect those in immediate danger of losing their life. You are right...someone will turn this incident, as well as past incidents, into a "NEWS-WORTHY" pile of @!#!!!!

• I don't even know what to say to this - the hate and division in this country / world is so totally screwed up I don't know if there will ever be a way to get it under control.

And now people will use this event as a reason to stir up even more hate and division

If I could have only one prayer answered in all of my life I would ask God with everything I have to please teach us to love again, to teach us to embrace our differences and teach us to never hate again.

To all of those involved in this event please know that you have my love and my prayers may God be with you.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Horrible event. If the link from @V-SHOT is correct in its reporting....you lose a video game and kill a bunch of folks? Is that how it works these days? Just...wow.

knowing how much some players live in the alternate reality of gaming it really doesn't surprise me. I know a guy who is so involved in online gaming that it is his world - literally all of his friends are on line friends the friends he had in school have slowly stopped bing a part of his life. when he is not at work he is in his room in his apartment playing his online game - - it has literally become his entire social life

so yes - I can see where someone could let gaming become that important to them - they have stopped being a part of normal social interaction and have lost touch - personally I think the detachment that having ones social life on the web has allowed has done far more harm to us as a society than could ever be done by guns

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• knowing how much some players live in the alternate reality of gaming it really doesn't surprise me. I know a guy who is so involved in online gaming that it is his world - literally all of his friends are on line friends the friends he had in school have slowly stopped bing a part of his life. when he is not at work he is in his room in his apartment playing his online game - - it has literally become his entire social life

You should go watch Ready Player One. My wife is using it as a theme for her classroom, so she read the book and then we watched the movie. She said the movie strayed from the book a bit, but it definitely keeps the themes as you stated above.

Not downplaying the tragic events however it is strange that this is a nationally covered "mass shooting" but a similar happening in Chicago is barely mentioned as an "incident at a public event" ....

How the spin is so much different depending on geography and political climate ...

23 shot in Chicago since Friday evening | Chicago Sun-Times

..... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams said the shooter is David Katz, 24, of Baltimore, who appears to have acted alone.

So the shooter is from a Democratic, anti-gun state that getting a permit from is all but impossible.
    And i guess he didn't fly down with a gun, so he must have driven.
    If he did not plan for this why would he have a gun with him to go to a video game competition?

And he used a pistol you can hear him reload, so they can't shout the "assault" weapon thing

https://www.news4jax.com/news/…g-at-jacksonville-landing

• I have a gun on me 24-7-365 regardless of where I'm going but I do not plan to harm anyone. Just because you possess the equipment and skills to do something doesn't mean that you have the intent to do so. I mean,,,,,,my wife has the equipment and skills to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,never mind but I think you get the point.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• First let me say the place we live is great. Perfect - no.

Ok now my comments

If any of the leaders of the US had any balls they would get on tv and talk about the real causes of these issues.....
    Family - children need two adults mother and father ideally but I will take two folks who care for each other than Dad in jail and Mom on crack.
    work ethic - getting stuff free is bad for you - money does not come from others but from working

OK that is about all it would take.

• I have a gun on me 24-7-365 regardless of where I'm going but I do not plan to harm anyone. Just because you possess the equipment and skills to do something doesn't mean that you have the intent to do so. I mean,,,,,,my wife has the equipment and skills to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,never mind but I think you get the point.

So do I, as well as my son, daughter, son in law, adopted son and so on.
    I guess before i posted that line.....
    I SHOULD have posted that the Jacksonville Landing IS A GUN FREE ZONE!!!! Soft target area.
    And for that particular episode a target rich environment.
    And it has now come out that he has been "under care" for mental problems TWICE
    But the news says that the firearms were purchased 2 weeks ago LEGALLY, but did not say by WHO.
    So Maryland FAILED in their background search as it was ILLEGAL for him to purchase a weapon.
    And it was illegal for him to carry the weapon
    it was illegal for him to have possession of the weapon at the Jax Landing
    As well as illegal to shoot anyone.
    So how do all these LAWS protect us from CRIMINALS?

• They don’t! An armed society is a polite society. Had everyone there been carrying he’d have been looking like Swiss cheese before he got off the second shot. All gun laws do is make victims out of law abiding citizens!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• We can’t say any of that because we will offend someone. All of it is true as well as 100 other things that should be said but you will never hear them. Like him or not Trump is one of the only politicians who will state his beliefs ( like them or not) and try to make a change because the way things are now are not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas