Interesting news...

• Wonder how long ‘til crumple zones, crash bumpers, air bags and minimum bumper height...

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• They had told us the same thing when we toured there back in the spring. They also mentioned that they would be going with another engine and getting away from the 2.4 power plant. I suppose to loose enough weight to allow for the automatic trans they had to go to a lighter engine. I just hope that they add TC or SC and get the HP up around 200-225 where it should have been to begin with. Even ford is smart enough to take advantage of boosting a smaller engine to keep both the performance and the economy up. jes sayin

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• An automatic opens the SS to everyone. Greatly improves the sales numbers. I don’t want a smaller motor than 2.4, unless like mentioned before they SC it. But what does automatic and SC do to the price...puts it out of reach for many....so Will the “improvements” be worth it.

• Auto is fine and will reach a wider audience since most cars have done away with manual (such a shame).

Changing the motor will alter the course of this vehicle. I may have to trade in if they make stock FI.

• Got a message on my answering machine last week - It was some gal from the dealer where I purchased my Slingshot she noted that I had brought it in for some servicing a short time ago and because it was in good shape asked if I would like to bring in in - she said they would give me "top dollar" for it and I could "upgrade" to a new one.

I laughed - there is nothing on a new one that I would want, and as far as my mods it would actually be a downgrade - mine runs great, other than a dead battery I have had zero problems - - why the heck would I want to take the chance of getting one that might have issues and in the process spend more money

At this point I love my sling and what they may or may not do with some future generation is of no importance to me - - I won't say "never" because things can change, but as of now, today I plan on riding the sling I have until one of us dies - and I hope I'm not first

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Auto is fine and will reach a wider audience since most cars have done away with manual (such a shame).

Changing the motor will alter the course of this vehicle. I may have to trade in if they make stock FI.

The SS is fuel injected. That’s what the throttle body injector does. It is not direct injection.

• AUTOMATICS ARE FASTEST!!!!!

Just wanted to weigh in on the subject

well - there is an automatic that is the fastest, but I don't think it is necessarily because it is an automatic. there might have been a few other mods that helped along the way

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• AUTOMATICS ARE FASTEST!!!!!

Just wanted to weigh in on the subject

And that is why many 1/4 miles racers use beefed up two speed powerglide trannys. There are other options out there now but for a lot of years powerglide tranny's were the tranny of choice. People caught on... an automatic can shift faster than someone working a manual tranny. Here's a good link on the subject.

The Right Transmission for Your Drag Car – RacingJunk News