slingshot outrageous noise

• Isn't there anything that can be done to reduce or stop the excess noise coming from the right angle drive.
    Does anyone know if Polaris or an individual is working on or solved the problem. I'm guessing the answer is NO.
    I changed the oil in the drive and filled with Royal Purple. No help, now what ? open to ideas.

• welcome aboard @moonetoons - looking forward to photos of your ride and adventures

Any video of how bad yours is? I assume you've been to the dealer and ruled out the noise is anything other than the angle drive

Will you be attending the rally in Eureka Springs next month?

• Isn't there anything that can be done to reduce or stop the excess noise coming from the right angle drive.
    Does anyone know if Polaris or an individual is working on or solved the problem. I'm guessing the answer is NO.
    I changed the oil in the drive and filled with Royal Purple. No help, now what ? open to ideas.

How many miles are on it?

Mine howled like a wolf when I first got it but now I hardly notice it. On the other hand I didn't have a loud exhaust on it when I first got it, or a supercharger. Hmmm

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I took it to a dealer and was to;d the noise is normal.
    I have 10,300 miles approx. 2015 SL LE
    I love the Slingshot better than my 2006 Honda Goldwing Trike or my 2001 Vette ( both gone by by)
    The noise is the only thing that is unacceptable unless that's the way it is in which I'll wear plugs.

I live only 4 miles from Eureka Springs. I will be at rally
    Thanks

• 15's and early 16's tend to be the worst of the bunch. My 15 was bad but gt better over time. The 16.5 has always been much quieter.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @moonetoons (Dale), sorry we haven’t been able to get together so I could listen. If you are in Rogers this weekend come by. I saw a while ago that you called. I was out mowing when you called and working on my Sling the rest of the day. Have most of the body off right now. I have a lunch appt tomorrow at 11 but I will be home the rest of the day after that. If you are free just bring your SS by and I’ll check it out for you.

• My 2015 whines more going at slow speeds.

I usually ride with ear plugs....I took a ride the other day without them. The road was a little rough and I could not believe how much rattle noise from the bumps the entire SS was making....wow...very loud Banging noises...don’t know If it was shocks hitting or what. The banging was almost steady...switching from front to back and right to left.

• How do you drive your slingshot? If you never stress the final drive by really taking off hard and "kinda" abusing it it may never quieten up. From what I have seen , people that drive normally all the time seem to wear in the final drive slower than people that take off hard and really stress the final drive.

Just something I have noticed. Mine used to howl buy I never hear it anymore. I must be one of those that kinda abused my final drive.

A question that I have for those that have issues with the drive line tunes, when we test drove our SlingShot for the first time we noticed the sound and asked about it, whereas the dealer was honest, telling us that it was normal, and just part of owning a SlingShot. We decided to purchase the Grasshopper anyways. Did any of you actually test drive the SlingShot that you purchased?

Bill

• I use to get a defining noise on the turnpike every day going home from work. Had ringing in my ears by the time I got home. Like I had been to a rock concert standing in front of a speaker. I also changed to Royal Purple oil and not much changed. The I read about cleaning the belt. So tooth brush in hand I scrubbed every slot and to my surprise it cut it down in at least half. Plus the more miles I put on her the more the noise goes away.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• How do you drive your slingshot? If you never stress the final drive by really taking off hard and "kinda" abusing it it may never quieten up. From what I have seen , people that drive normally all the time seem to wear in the final drive slower than people that take off hard and really stress the final drive.

Just something I have noticed. Mine used to howl buy I never hear it anymore. I must be one of those that kinda abused my final drive.

I thought taking off hard and slamming gears was normal?

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: