Header Blanket

• Not familiar with the DDM blanket material construction, I have a question about modifying/cutting it.

I purchased a header blanket to further protect my painted hood from excessive exhaust heat. I installed a custom fabricated top mount turbo and the hood becomes hot to the touch. Added a turbo blanket and purchased the DDM header blanket. When I went to install the header blanket my fear was confirmed... there just isn't enough clearance between the turbo and header to squeeze the blanket into. @Dave@DDMWorks Can I use some large tin snips and remove a small section of the blanket to clear this small portion? Hoping the gurus here can assist.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

Edited once, last by 2W2X1 ().

• Sounds like it's time to cut the hood... :00000019:

Oh trust that I’m not opposed to it... just haven’t game planned what hood cut config would be best for my taste.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Not familiar with the DDM blanket material construction, I have a question about modifying/cutting it.

I purchased a header blanket to further protect my painted hood from excessive exhaust heat. I installed a custom fabricated top mount turbo and the hood becomes hot to the touch. Added a turbo blanket and purchased the DDM header blanket. When I went to install the header blanket my fear was confirmed... there just isn't enough clearance between the turbo and header to squeeze the blanket into. @Dave@DDMWorks Can I use some large tin snips and remove a small section of the blanket to clear this small portion? Hoping the gurus here can assist.

You can cut the header blanket if you need to clearance something, but the edge where you cut it might start to fray a little bit over time, just FYI.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• I’d be interested in how others cut their hoods. Have seen the zero decibel vents but think I would want more flow. Not really wanting to custom paint after cuts, so something that looks good as stock paint would be preferred.

• thank you @Dave@DDMWorks for the prompt response. Maybe I’ll hit the cut edges with some superglue to resist fraying.

• happy to report Indidnt need to cut the blanket. With the help from a buddy, we were able to pry the turbo up a tad and get it wedged into place.

• Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS: