Adjusting mirrors

• I just took possession of my new (to me) 2017 Sunset Red SL slingshot. I am trying to adjust the side view mirrors. I have read about adjusting the arms and have done that. However the mirrors themselves barely move and when they do it is a large jump. It is like they are way to tight. Any tricks I should be aware of? Will I need to pull the glass of to adjust the bolt in behind? Seems ridiculous that they are so tight. Would this be a warranty item?

• I have not found a solution. Just baby steps in pressing in the corners to get them adjusted. Others who have taken the mirrors apart have continued to have issues.

Once set, I leave them and hope that no one bumps them. I have a love hate relationship with the mirrors. Love the over all style of them compared to every aftermarket mirror offered. But as you pointed out, hate the adjustment of the actual mirror.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• BTW, welcome to the madness and congrats on your new ride. Hope you aren't afflicted with mod-flu... there is no known cure.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I have been known to wrap both hands around the mirror and then gently adjust using my thumbs, applying pressure with one and using counter pressure with the other to keep it from moving too far.............

Currently I first adjust the inner mirror itself to it's innermost limit, and then I adjust the whole mirror out by the arm so to give us the widest field of vision, this is also another another means of helping keep the driver's mirror from vibrating as much as it sometimes does.

Bill

• I sprayed some lube in the area behind the mirror such as wd40 and worked the mirror by alternating pressure on each side until it started to move. It actually does have quite a bit of adjustment. Now the issue is if someone bumps the mirror lens it tends to move. Doesn't during regular operation of the vehicle

• The easy way to set up the mirrors is to first center up the mirror itself in the housing, then loosen up the stalk bolt and push out or pull in until you just barely see the body work on the inside of the mirror and then tighten the bolt back down. Then you do the final adjustment with the mirror moving inside of the housing to get the rear view that you would like. It has been a while since anyone has posted this procedure so that any of the new owners would know how to do the adjustment. I hope this helps some of you. RIDE SAFE AND WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER DRIVER

• Thank you all. I had done a search and tried the centre the mirror and adjust arm approach but the fine tuning with the mirror itself is virtually impossible as it only moves with lots of force and then moves far to much. I also sprayed with a lube and that helped but not enough. I will post if I find any better solutions. Taking it in today for the inspection so I can get it licensed. Moving from a series of Can Am Spyders and hope this is as much or more fun. Look forward to the banter on this site and hopefully meeting some slingshot riders in person

• The first time i drove of the dealers lot and i reached over to adjust the passengers side mirror i realized it was two person job.... Not like when on a Bike...I had to get the sales person while i sat in the drivers seat monkey with it to get it where i wanted it...
    Yep those mirrors leave a lot to be desired .....And yes when walking around it, If your not careful your elbow will knock it out of wack......And then the second person is needed again... :D

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• @Glen D Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity' A couple on mods that make the mirrors more useful.
    Mirror extension Adjustable Mirror Riser Kit for the Polaris Slingshot

convex mirror Polaris Slingshot Convex Peel & Stick Side View Mirrors

put these on mine over a year ago and love the added view to the rear.

• The riser kits are cheaper on ebay by about 25 bucks..

• Thanks everyone. I tend to mod more than ride it seems :) I also have a 2016 Can Am F3T Spyder sitting in the garage. My wife is a very understanding soul.

On a different note I notice the rear view mirror is super loose and moves when I hit a bump in the road. I haven’t searched yet but can the tightness on it be adjusted? While I love the fin it sure does make shoulder checking tough and I am 6’4” so sit pretty high up. Shorter drivers must have to totally rely on the side mirrors. Freaks me out as I always shoulder check after riding motorcycle for 30 + years. Letting the modding begin. Already have the mirror extensions, replacement shift boot, media visor, transmission dust cover and aluminum hood release on order :) Need to order some decent floor mats and then go on from there