Forced off the road

• I was driving yesterday coming up on about a 180 degree bend. Some nut coming at me flying like a maniac. PUNK.... I can hear the tires squealing as he’s got it floored and crossing the center line and I’m wearing ear plugs. Lucky for me traffic on my side was going slow because of pipeline work, the road was pretty torn up after the “patching.”
    A gas station was on my side so I headed into it as fast as I could. I couldn’t tell how much of my side he was on, but it was too much. :cursing:

The car behind me wanted to let me back in the lane but I waved him on. He probably had to get out of the way too.

I never saw who was driving because the only thing that mattered was getting out of the way.

• Not the same mind you, But I've notice in the 3 weeks that i have the S/S quite a few oncoming drivers will head towards me, And then go back into their lane.....I'm thinking its target fixation ....
    The oncoming driver is staring at the S/S trying to figure out what in the world is that thing...
    Same as riding a motorcycle , Stare at a rock in your path and you'll steer into it... =O

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Not the same mind you, But I've notice in the 3 weeks that i have the S/S quite a few oncoming drivers will head towards me, And then go back into their lane.....I'm thinking its target fixation ....
    The oncoming driver is staring at the S/S trying to figure out what in the world is that thing...
    Same as riding a motorcycle , Stare at a rock in your path and you'll steer into it... =O

Very well could be. What you look at, you'll drive towards.

• If they aren’t looking at me they are texting and never Noticed me passing by and I’m guessing it’s 50% of the drivers.

No I don’t believe it was intentional...whomever it was ...was just driving like an a....hole...probably trying to see how fast he could go around the sharp bend...

All his tires were screeching so I know for a fact that he was losing traction and what comes next is totally losing control and either rolling it or smashing head on into somebody...I’m glad I had lots of room to get off the road. I imagine the guy behind me had a good show...

Which brings me back to the warning I give everybody driving a two wheel motorcycle.....drive it like everyone in front of you is intentionally trying to kill you....drive defensively always...don’t take your eyes off the road....if I have a passenger sitting bedside me and we’re having a conversation...I never turn my head to look at them....my focus is on the road at where I’m headed and what’s coming at me....

I’ve seen Way to many scary driving videos on the net..mostly from Russia...LOL..

• I have been forced off the road three times in my SS. I live in a mountain area with lots of tight curves. Trucks and SUV's come around the corners on the middle of the road and just look over the SS.

• I’ve noticed more and more drivers are hugging the right side of the road when they encounter oncoming traffic...

Usually if you’re speeding...you’re paying close attention to the road and traffic...that said there is a chance you could lose control....could, being the optimal word here..

A person that’s texting has already deliberately given up control of their vehicle ...so who would you rather be on the road with? And as far as I’m concerned....they are deliberately aiming a 3000 pound out of control lethal weapon at you..in self defense I should be able to defend myself by whatever means is necessary to eliminate that threat.

If I was driving a dump truck the other day....I might have considered steering it directly toward the punk... your stupid actions have consequences..are you feeling lucky...all I would have had to do was stay in my lane...I’m sure he would have hit me...my plastic SS is no match for a metal vehicle...