SLINGSHOT DISCRIMINATION PLEASE HELP

• Today we were not allowed to participate in the salute to veterans POW/MIA ride in Cripple Creek Colorado. I have participated in this ride for at least 10 years, the last 4 years in my SS. We had 4 attend last year and this year we had 6. One SS coming from Florida and even my father (82) rode his gold wing out from Oregon. We were turned away because we are "to big". They also turned away a Morgan but allowed spiders, trikes, sidecars, Stallions and all others.

Here is what I would like. The organizer is Pro promotions 719-487-8005 call leave a message (not vulgar or angry, lord knows I am) Asking why the SS is not allowed even though they were allowed in the past. Why are veterans being discriminated based on the vehicle they are in. I am a vetern of 20+ years and all proceeds go to help homeless vets, But veteran driven SS money is no good.

I have a call out to two news stations in hopes they will run a story to get this changed. You can also go to theveteransrally.org and leave a message on the page.

Thanks all. :)

• Speculation but true. The 2 rides I've done this year people complained about the SS being there. Luckily the organizers didn't listen and we rode but I just don't understand why they get so offended. If it come to that with me I will show them the motorcycle reg, plate and helmet required in my state.

• The man in charge Jim Wear is a double douche in my book! I was so mad when I got home I took it out on my rooster because I couldn't take the crowing any more. I happened to name him Jim Crow I mean Jim Wear! I have a fresh picture to prove it.
    I know some of you like to raise hell. Help us out busting some balls! MFer probably isn't even a Vet!

• Speculation but true. The 2 rides I've done this year people complained about the SS being there. Luckily the organizers didn't listen and we rode but I just don't understand why they get so offended. If it come to that with me I will show them the motorcycle reg, plate and helmet required in my state.

don't get me wrong there are those assholes whether they ride harley, spyder, or whatever ride it might be.

I'll be calling pro promotions and I hope they issue an apology to each and every Slingshot and each and every veteran.

• I'll be calling pro promotions and I hope they issue an apology to each and every Slingshot and each and every veteran.

I was considering that, but it's probably better I not. I'm not all about that confrontation. I think I'll hit them up on their website, and maybe their FB page if I can find it.

• Being the Devils Advocate, And probably not going to make many friends on my second post. But My S/S takes up more room in my garage than my wife's Grand Vitara , And just because some states register them as a Motorcycle doesn't mean they are. [NJ Is starting to register them as Auto-Car.] Would you park in a Motorcycle only spot...
    I guess the end of the parade might work....But then what if someone pulls up in a Miata...?

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Being the Devils Advocate, And probably not going to make many friends on my second post. But My S/S takes up more room in my garage than my wife's Grand Vitara , And just because some states register them as a Motorcycle doesn't mean they are. [NJ Is starting to register them as Auto-Car.] Would you park in a Motorcycle only spot...
    I guess the end of the parade might work....But then what if someone pulls up in a Miata...?

Aren't they a machine licensed to drive on all public roads and highways just like everyone else who pays. This was public event not private. Nobody even asks if your a Vet.

• I just sent an unhappy email to the event organizer. I will not be supporting any events that he may organize in the future.

Signed,
    John H. Price, TSgt, USAF Retired

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Aren't they a machine licensed to drive on all public roads and highways just like everyone else who pays. This was public event not private. Nobody even asks if your a Vet.

That's probably because they don't care. Most of these charity events are scams invented to put money in the organizers pockets. OK maybe I'm being to harsh... they might buy one of them a tent.

• This was mine.

Dear Sir,

I found it very disheartening to hear today that you had disallowed those riders with Polaris Slingshots to join in your event. Many of us with Slingshots are veterans ourselves, or like me, currently serving. To not be allowed to participate in a veteran-centric event that is supposed to honor service and the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters in arms, is quite a slap in the face. I have heard that the excuse given was that slingshot are too big, but I am aware that you allowed trikes and motorcycles with sidecars in the event, so that excuse is a load of hogwash. Many of us in the Slingshot are also former or current motorcycle riders, and we gravitated to the Slingshot for a variety of reasons, be it injury, age, or a need for more safety. The machines are registered as motorcycles, many of us wear helmets and/or have motorcycle licenses (pursuant to the laws of our home states), and we generally know how to ride in a group.

I would suggest to you, sir, that the discrimination against the group of Slingshots that came to ride with your group today in Cripple Creek, is probably going to get you much more negative publicity than you maybe hoped to avoid by excluding them in the first place. I am hopeful that you will be more tolerant in future events, and welcome our community alongside the bikers, when we are all united in a common brotherhood of the road and the wish to honor our service members. And I will further say, and I can almost guarantee, that if you ask any Slingshot rider for an opportunity to take a ride with them, not only will they oblige you gladly, but you will get out of that machine with a greater appreciation for how fun it is, and how much of an experience it is to be on the road.

Best regards,
    Jared Henderson

• Disclaimer: They SHOULD have let the SS participate.
    BUT...........Just because the SS is registered as a motorcycle in SOME states, doesn't make it one. It's a 3-wheel car! It has a 5-speed manual shift like an auto, roll bar, seat belts, and your passenger sits to your side, as well as being wider than a Corvette in front. All the other vehicles you mentioned being allowed had saddles for seats, passenger sitting to the rear, AND a motorcycle shift system. I'm just sayin! :>)