SLINGSHOT DISCRIMINATION PLEASE HELP

• Disclaimer: They SHOULD have let the SS participate.
    BUT...........Just because the SS is registered as a motorcycle in SOME states, doesn't make it one. It's a 3-wheel car! It has a 5-speed manual shift like an auto, roll bar, seat belts, and your passenger sits to your side, as well as being wider than a Corvette in front. All the other vehicles you mentioned being allowed had saddles for seats, passenger sitting to the rear, AND a motorcycle shift system. I'm just sayin! :>)

While I agree with the 3 wheel car statement, it is only our opinion. In the matters of law, it is registered as a motorcycle.... licensed as a motorcycle.... titled as a motorcycle.... and insured as a motorcycle.

As for last sentence, have you ever seen a Stallion? It's about the same size as a Slingshot, and I promise the turn radius is less than the Slingshot. It has a 4 cylinder Ford engine with heater and air conditioning. Not to mention you could buy two new SLR's for the price for one Stallion!

• I am glad I copied my conversation with Jim Wear here. He has since deleted all of his responses on the page. He did not offer any solutions, or even attempt to make anything work. @Goats_Hogs I have seen a stallion attend this event every year. Sorry for the redundant copy and paste of the conversation that Mr. Wear obviously did not want to understand. After all was deleted, here is the re-edited statement from the original question.

Is the ride open to all style bikes or just crusiers?
    4 Comments

LikeShow more reactions
    CommentShare
    Comments
    Jim Wear It’s not just for cruisers. Any type of motorcycle is allowed, even bikes with sidecars and trikes are allowed to participate in the parade. The only exceptions are vehicles with CAR LENGTH wheel basis, such as Polaris slingshot and automobiles size V8 trikes. Those automobile size vehicles Do not maneuver well in our staging area. Even though many of them are not designated as “motorcycles”, we still make the distinction as there is some argument Among the motorcycle community about whether a slingshot is or is not truly a motorcycle.
    The larger vehicles of all types - including cars - are welcome in Cripple creek for the rally, but the ride is for standard size 2 wheeled and three wheeled motorcycles only.
    ManageLikeShow more reactions · Reply · 1d · EditedMark Lockman Come one, come all!!
    It's not about what you ride, it's about the Veterans!

There you have it.